Trans plus extreme tuning help

Mike70gtx

I'm trying to tune in my new rebuild. Motor has 600 miles on now and I've been starting to push it. My blm's are low so I was going to adjust the trans plus to make it 10% leaner and retard the timing 4 degrees. (It is set for alky). My first problem or question. When I adjusted the trans plus the car would smoke and run rough. Looked rich. So, can I just reset the dials or do I need to do something else? Any adjustment seem to make it worse, so I put it back to normal settings.( it was running good with -2 degrees retard) I have added xylene and it seems like things have gotten worse (could have another problem) My caspers knock guage is showing knock real easy(up to red), but not showing on the scanmaster. It seemed like I was really close a week ago, if I'd ease into the throttle, no knock and pull hard. I do have the boost up over 20. If I adjust the wastegate anymore it actually has the puck open a little.
Any advice?

Talked to Mike at Fullthrottle and he helped me again! I was using the settings on the lid for a late model car and making it rich. He corrected me and gave me some other good info to get things right. Two thumbs up to MIKE. It makes me want to buy stuff from him, even if I don't need it.

Curious, what type of advice did he give you? I'm using the cover also... this thing is just not running right. I have the trans + also.
Thanks

I was looking down the first column(on the lid), for the first dial, base fuel I believe. Those numbers and letters only work on a late model car. To the left of those numbers (on the lid) it has the settings for the buick. For mine with a 3.5" maf, you set it at 2 for leaner idle. So to the very left on the lid you should be able to match you maf with the proper number. I was also getting knock on the caspers guage, but none on the scanmaster. I guess the caspers gets the info before the computer and the scanmaster shows the acual retard that the computer would show. So my understanding is if there is no retard on the scanmaster, I should be good to go. My other problem that happened at the same time was my 02 sensor went bad. So by the time I got that fixed, it was too late to go to the races tonight. But on the highway in front of my house it sure pulled hard. Now I just got to get the tires to stop slipping most of the way!