Trans pan gasket other than cork ???

mc575

Any options other than cork? Rubber lined plastic/steel maybe? Where to buy it?
My pan gasket is leaking and I want to replace it with something other than cork.
My neighbor is a master mechanic and recommends rtv but I'm thinking no.

I haven't used a cork gasket in 20+ years. Do not use RTV. Give me a call, I have the correct gaskets in stock.

Hi Brian, do you remember the type of fluid you used in my car???(was Alexandra's when you rebuilt trans )
Thanks

I'll be calling. I've been reusing a great gasket I got with my pan from Bruce, but I'll be needing a new one soon. Glad to gear this!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hi Brian, do you remember the type of fluid you used in my car???(was Alexandra's when you rebuilt trans )
Thanks
I don't remember. It was actually mine when I did the trans. That was 5 years ago. I wouldn't have used a cork gasket either. The only ones I use are the duraprene ones. Might have been dex 6 or regular dex 3 ATF. If you plan on running it hard id consider low viscosity hy-gard. Dex 6 is a good longevity hyd oil also. I run hy-gard in my own cars but they are raced. I've made quite a few updates to the calibration and use some different parts these days. I do remember the trans having a good forward drum with an aftermarket shaft though. If you want me to do all the updates I can do them including removal and reinstall.

I don't remember. It was actually mine when I did the trans. That was 5 years ago. Might have been dex 6 or regular dex 3 ATF. If you plan on running it hard id consider low viscosity hy-gard. Dex 6 is a good longevity hyd oil also. I run hy-gard in my own cars but they are raced. I've made quite a few updates to the calibration and use some different parts these days. I do remember the trans having a good forward drum with an aftermarket shaft though. If you want me to do all the updates I can do them including removal and reinstall.

I actually may only hit the track a couple times. This car is usually for cruising and that's about it.