trans leak

TurboGN86

ok guys i recently took the bojangles trans somone stuffed under my car b4 i bought it an replaced it with a stocker. used of course because some of us are poor. but anyways the thing has worked great considering how long it sat. i ran it for about 6 months an had no problems. one day i noticed trans fluid under the car. i was unable to identify where the leak was. it will never leak while the car is running. i drive it all day and come home, laying down beside the car and not a drop. i come out the next day and theirs fluid on the ground. i changed the pan gasket and filter. just hoping for a shot in the dark fix and its still leaking. i dont kno much about transmissions and with the races not far away im trying to figure out what this could be.

Thanks,
Jeremy

If it's leaking in the front and your getting drips from the inspection cover hole, then it might be the pump seal.

When the Engine is running the stock Trans fluid level is even with the Pan mounting surface. After the vehicle sets fluid from the Converter will drain back into the Pan raising the level above the Pan rail. Usually it's the Dipstick, TV Cable, Speedo Bullet or Shift Shaft Seal that leaks as these are higher than the Pan rail.

thanks for the info. will check those tomorrow. sounds like a little RTV may be getting used to see if one of those are the culpret. i will let yall know what i find.

Thanks,
Jeremy