Trans ID

f117v6

There is a Trans for sale code BRZ I know Brf is what I am looking for but is this just a waste of time going to look at this BRZ or is this possibly the wrong code I've never heard of it before any help would be appreciated before I waste my time to look at this

Last edited:
I think brz is what extreme automatics calls their brf clone vb. You might want to ask the seller.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll try that i had the Trans offered to me last night 350 thought if it was a tb Trans It would be worth it even for the core.

I would do some more research before dropping $350 on a "core". If it has a performance vb/gov and a decent 2nd servo, it might be worth it. But if it has a regular servo and vb/gov I wouldn't want to pay that much. These trans aren't as easy to come by as they once were so it also depends on what your time is worth and if you want to spend it searching or if you are ready to just order parts and put it together.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I'm not positive, but wasn't that the code for the ones found in the Monte SS, Hurst Olds, and 442?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://web.archive.org/web/20070128173316/http://members.aol.com/powerrslid/thm2004r.html

'87 HF is Caprice, Delta 88, Impala, LeSabre, and Parisienne w/ V-8 307" 5.0L Canada.
'84 HE is Caprice, DeVille, Impala, LeSaber, and Parisienne w/ V-8 305" 5.0L Canada.
Got the info from an AC Delco parts catalog

MPTrans, Feb 8, 2011

I know mcss is cq and cz . 442 and H/O are OZ and KZ
I like my AA. It isn't perfect but when you jump on it and it drops to first and lights the street tires up it sure puts a smile on my ugly mug.

Get pics of the trans and id tag. It may not even be a 200-4r. None of the newer three letter codes ever ended in "z", least not on a 200-4r. "F" simply denoted a 200-4R for the line workers. They added the F to the tag codes in 86.

Lonnies calls his vb a "brc" and it won't be on a tag.