Trans cooler

WhoNds8

I just purchased a Hayden transcooler and was wondering if it is good enough or if I should buy a B&M or TCI instead.....I know Hayden makes pretty good electric fans, so how are there trans coolers, anyone?

I have used them in the past and they worked ok. The consensus is to get the stacked plate versus the the tube and fin type. Right now I have two on my car since I disconnected the radiator cooler. one is the stacked fin type which is an old oil cooler from a mitsubishi starion. the other is a weird arrangement from Fluidyne. The tube splits into about 9 smaller flat tubes and it goes across just like the hayden ones and it joins back up and goes into the other tube. Weird looking but it was the largest Autozone had at the time so I got it. It was rated at 29,000 GVWR or something like that.

Always remember this, you can almost never run a trans too cool!!! :D :D :cool:

Try B&M

and Fluidyne
Click on high performance, then products, then click multiflow trans cooler. I got the 9 pass one.

The best cooler is the TruCool (B&M IS a TruCool under their name). You can easily sell the Hayden to someone else and get one of these. They are much smaller for the same rating as they are more efficient so going to the largest one, which is a good idea with higher stalls, will not present a problem.

Long of Canada makes them for just about everybody. They are a division of B/W. They make and B&M , tru cool and others rebox. Long coolers are great. We stock and lifetime warrenty every one. Great addition to your setup and can always help keep temp down. Finned coolers ( fin looking with a pipe running thru) are not as efffiecient.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

AH, this is true but when I used to call them Long coolers people just kind of gave me a blank stare. TruCool is Long's name for them so I refer to them as that.

Originally posted by transfixleo
AH, this is true but when I used to call them Long coolers people just kind of gave me a blank stare. TruCool is Long's name for them so I refer to them as that.

I get that stare too....but , I thought it was just
cause I am ugly...:)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Originally posted by WE4
Long of Canada makes them for just about everybody. They are a division of B/W. They make and B&M , tru cool and others rebox. Long coolers are great. We stock and lifetime warrenty every one. Great addition to your setup and can always help keep temp down. Finned coolers ( fin looking with a pipe running thru) are not as efffiecient.
Hey Bruce how much arew they from you guys then? Or where else can I get one? Phone #'s....or should I just get the B&M....I already returned the Hayden.

Price depends on size. Call for pricing. Also if the b&m one is very conveient to get just go ahead. I cant see you going wrong.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

And the competitive advantage goes to...CANADA -ding ding.

About dam time........ :)

Hayes Dana (Dana Canada) purchased Long Manufactering a year or so ago..

Good stuff-been selling it for 3 or 4 years. I believe they were the pioneers of the automatic tranny cooler-had a bypass so as to not cool cold tranny fluid. Get's a wee bit chilly up here in the winter.

Iam having a problem with me tran, it seems like its get super hot, i cant touch the tran line going to the rad. I have a oil cooler i think its like a 6 pass or something like that should i try to run the cooler and not the rad. When it gets hot it shifts from 1st to 3rd real fast but only when it gets hot.

Thank you for all the help guys....I will be ordering one of those within the next day or two. (Tru cool)