trans brake?

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I got a stock 200 r4 and Im looking for a trans brake for it however it is in a 93 rx7. (This is Jose Zeda's car btw) Im just helping him out cause him and my dad were good friends and raced together alot.

Can someone tell me the best one to get for this?

I looked at and all. I cant get ahold of them and just wondering if there is somewhere else that makes one for this car.

alright man since you had good things to say Im going there.

how well is the trans built? trans brakes are hard on internal parts as well as the driveline. Stock trans won't last long with a T-brake

i really like lonnie's brake. however there are cheaper options out there. I would look into the stage right. might be a better option for you.

money is not the problem here cause we have both noticed similar problems with our cars and which his is a hybird and mine is not.

I've been looking for a stage right brake but have not been able to locate one. Who sells them now?

I have a CK performance unit, it's a manual version. Place car in Low applies the brake. To move, shift into second, then manually shift second to third when it's time. Works very well. He was selling a recalibration / trans brake kit, wasn't too expensive.

If the final consumer knows how a Transbrake works and what effects it's actual usage does in reguards to temperature increase during usage they can avoid MOST failures associated with it's use, be honest..most TurboBuick owners are enthusists with limited racing knowledge, they just want to go fast with class, with that said, there has been many times I've regretted creating the "StageRight", I assumed users would have at least "some" understanding of how ANY transbake functions, man was that a mistake.
Personally, after creating the "StageRight" manual transbrake, I would not use anything else, no solinoid or wireing issues for trustworthyness, those that ever had slow delays or engagement troubles either had poor transmission rebuilds prior to installation(builders leaving out/removing direct clutch springs), any other staging complaints need to be directed solely to the driver not practicing how to operate it, those blaming a "fail proof" design in function have little but themselves to blame, so egos take a beating if something goes south.
I do know that both Chris(CK Performance) and Lonnie(Extreme Automatics) are the only people that EVER had my permission or input to the exact numbers for manual spool valve, that's it, others that claim otherwise are liars and should not be trusted, I went through enough **** back then, I have no problems watching people burn/destroy their crap today, actually I find sadistic humor for those that copied it without permission. The info and users are out there, talk to them, not a salesman.
Good luck,

Kevin.

If the final consumer knows how a Transbrake works and what effects it's actual usage does in reguards to temperature increase during usage they can avoid MOST failures associated with it's use...........Kevin.

We have used MANY of Kevin's TB units since he started making them years ago and have found no difference in trans reliability or any problems with the TB in those we installed.

A converter builds heat REALLY fast when being stalled with a foot brake or TB. Racing is much harder on a trans than street use, especially because the higher temps will break down the fluid and shorten the life of the trans.

So guys install a TB, go racing and then say the TB "caused" more wear on the trans when actually it is the higher loads placed upon the trans when racing. :)

Just to be perfectly clear, StageRight IS Kevin. :D

KL Mallender, I was thinking about getting one of the brakes you designed. When you move the shifter from "1" to "2", the trans goes to first gear and uses the govenor to shift to 2nd gear. Selecting "D" will make it go to 3rd...correct? That detent plate was a perfect match for it to. Thanks for your time and effort though.

It took some searching and "Google time" to understand the way you look at the Turbo Buick community. If anyone has an issue with the way your post come across, they should do the same.