tranny shifting question, is the trans cooler clogged?

v8rob

I just replaced the radiator in my '87 GN. I had a local radiator shop install a new core and reuse my original tanks. I installed the radiator last night and took the GN for a test drive this morning. Everything was fine until I started flogging on it a little. Now my transmission is not shifting correctly. It was shifting *perfectly* prior to the radiator replacement so I'm wondering if the transmission cooler is clogged. During part throttle acceleration the 1-2 shift is mushy, the transmission kind of slides into second. During WOT acceleration the 1-2 is sloppy and a couple of times it "flared". Prior to the radiator replacement the part-throttle 1-2 shift was nice and crisp and the WOT 1-2 shift would chirp the tires. I guess my question is, if the transmission cooler is clogged, how would that affect the transmission? Would it cause these symptoms?

I'm also thinking the transmission cooler is clogged because I know I lost some tranny fluid when I removed the radiator (whatever was in the trans. cooler) but the trans dipstick looks like it's *overfull* now instead of low??:confused:

TIA,
Rob Pinkston