Tranny quick to up shift!?

TakeAwayTheFear

Finally got my car mobile!!! New vacuum brake setup works great!!!

Drove it around for a few min and all seemed great!!! Took her home and double checked a few things then drove it to the gas station about 5 miles away. Upon leaving, the trans was acting strange. It would up shift a lot sooner that it should and didn't feel normal kinda laggy? No grinding no slipping and I checked the fluid when I got home and it was redish clear as it should be.

Anything I should check? Car has 56k miles bought it last year and have been working out the bugs slowly but surely.

Thanks!

If it has been sitting it could have a sticky tv valve or other . Might take the tv cable off the throttle body and cycle it sharply several times. This could clear any debris or other. Then drive it and see.
Glad you got it up and running.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If it has been sitting it could have a sticky tv valve or other . Might take the tv cable off the throttle body and cycle it sharply several times. This could clear any debris or other. Then drive it and see.
Glad you got it up and running.

Sat for almost a yr while in my hands. No idea how long or if before I got it. Thanks for the tip I'll do that today!!

If the TCC solenoid is stuck on it can act that way as well. Less common I would think than TV problems but something else to investigate and easy enough to just disconnect the 4 pin connector on the side of the trans for that test.

If the TCC solenoid is stuck on it can act that way as well. Less common I would think than TV problems but something else to investigate and easy enough to just disconnect the 4 pin connector on the side of the trans for that test.

Awesome I'll try that too thanks!

Bam! The tv cable/valve was the issue I guess! Took it off gave it a few cycles, put it back on and took it for a drive.

It drives awesome now!!!

Thanks for the help!

Here she is!

Glad it could be remedied easily.
Nice color combo!

On both my cars, the TCC would stick closed after the trans got warm.
At lower temps, it acted fine.
It might be that it cooled down while you worked on the TV cable.
Don't be surprised if the issue re-appears as the car gets warm.

What do you mean cycle it sharply? How do you do this? Sometimes in second mine feels like an odd lag too.

What do you mean cycle it sharply? How do you do this? Sometimes in second mine feels like an odd lag too.
Take it off the mounting location on the throttle body and give it a few good tugs not slow but don't try and rip it out of the tranny either. Drove my car 40 miles yesterday and it worked perfect

Do you mean to the cable inside the black shielding? Like with a pliers or something? Am I thinking the right cable? Which cable is the tv cable? Want to def give this a try. I need to check its setting anyway and make sure its not pulled out a notch or two too many cause boy will she shift hard! I ve been wondering what it could be cause when you are on it its fine but just tooling around sometimes it feels laggish after it has shifted. Thanks for the help. Sorry to hijack thread!

Disconnect the tv cable from the arm it is attached to at the throttle body. Pull it out sharply and let it retract several times to try to clear anything that might be lodged in the tv circuit in the trans. Do this with the engine idling. You then reattach it to the throttle body bracket and give her a test drive.
it is the lower cable that has the D shaped adjustment button just behind its bracket.

Disconnect the tv cable from the arm it is attached to at the throttle body. Pull it out sharply and let it retract several times to try to clear anything that might be lodged in the tv circuit in the trans. Do this with the engine idling. You then reattach it to the throttle body bracket and give her a test drive.
it is the lower cable that has the D shaped adjustment button just behind its bracket.

I'm sure glad I read the title of this thread. Been pulling my hair out over this problem. Got it cleared today and it is shifting very well.

Thanks guys.

Phil Engle