Tranny Help........pleeease

6SENSE

2004R/BRF Tranny. Worked good. At part throttle would get 2nd gear scratch, no problem, went through gears nicely, and moved out. Full throttle, it would hold in gear a little longer than I would have liked (would build RPMs but wasnt really going anywhere), and then shift firmly. Over all though, it was better than it is now!
Today I went ahead and installed a shift kit (heck Ive done everything else to a car, how hard could it be?) From looking at the instructions it did seem a little intimidating, but wasnt so bad after gettng into it.
My problem is that instead of firmer shifts, the thing slips into each gear! The TV cable was properly adjusted, I even tried changing it, but that made no difference no matter how I set it.I checked fluid level over and over again (until I finally overfilled it! but that was after there was already a problem). I also checked the TV cable at the tranny, it is connected. I dont know what else to do besides tear it back open, but I wouldnt exactly know what to look for. Any ideas ? Pleeease.
The shift kit was purchased from Poston. The manufacturer is J.W.(part #75002-2). I wanted a shift kit, but now I wish I had just left it alone.

What does this sound like? What would cause this type of outcome?
The work involved the valve body, 1-2 accumulator, and 3-4 accumulator (and parts that had to come off to get those off).
I keep trying to think what would cause this. Do the accumulators have to do with this? Because I noticed the 1-2 spring that came with the kit was not as wide as the original, so it didnt go around the cone on top of the piston in the 1-2 acumulator housing like the original. Thus making it stand up a little taller and I would believe make alot more tension (besides the fact that the new spring was already stronger).
Would the check balls have anything to do with it? improper torking of the bolts? I dont know, somebody "through me a friggin bone here". I want to fix this thing tommorow but dont really know where to start (besides draining some of that extra fluid out that I wound up putting in).

First of all a jw part # would indicate jw performance and what do they know about 2004r's? And If it slips as bad as you say then the damage is probobly already done. Install pressure gauge and see what pressure is doing. Call Postons and ask them .
File this under "great cheap deal" .... not so good..

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com