Trailer Lights--Hot Setup??

DAILYFLOGGER

I'm crushing your head !!
Guys, I was guilty of jacking this other thread. But it seemed apparent that there was some interest in this concept--Open trailer, when the trailer brake and turn signal lights of the trailer come on, the Regal's stop and turn lights come on as well. Large and at a real good height.

In my initial research I have learned:

• Diodes are recommended to avoid having the voltage from the towing vehicle feeding back into the cars electrical system if someone should happen to step on the brakes while still plugged in. A diode block BX8863 from Blue Ox can protect both systems. The members suggestion of creating a plugin patch cord from a piece of trunk wiring harness also solves this issue.

• I've been told that the factory wiring on my '99 Tahoe is marginal to be supporting lots of lighting load-could burn up the trucks parking light circuit especially. I'm considering a Modulite to deal with this concern. For those that have never setup their tow vehicle, you might need a module to convert your separate brake/amber turn to a shared brake/turn signal for the trailer.

• I think it would be better contrast to leave the Regal's running lights off. Brake and turn only.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• TRUCK%20RIG%20003.jpg
    TRUCK%20RIG%20003.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 871
diodes are needed to isolate from the turn signal switch,if not both turn signals (L&R)would work together.use a relay if you wire park lamps to take load off tahoe's light switch.turn will be ok.

Guys, I was guilty of jacking this other thread. But it seemed apparent that there was some interest in this concept--Open trailer, when the trailer brake and turn signal lights of the trailer come on, the Regal's stop and turn lights come on as well. Large and at a real good height.

In my initial research I have learned:

• Diodes are recommended to avoid having the voltage from the towing vehicle feeding back into the cars electrical system if someone should happen to step on the brakes while still plugged in. A diode block BX8863 from Blue Ox can protect both systems. The members suggestion of creating a plugin patch cord from a piece of trunk wiring harness also solves this issue.

• I've been told that the factory wiring on my '99 Tahoe is marginal to be supporting lots of lighting load-could burn up the trucks parking light circuit especially. I'm considering a Modulite to deal with this concern. For those that have never setup their tow vehicle, you might need a module to convert your separate brake/amber turn to a shared brake/turn signal for the trailer.

• I think it would be better contrast to leave the Regal's running lights off. Brake and turn only.

Thoughts?

love those white GN's

Perhaps I should have made this a poll...

a)I think this idea is okay
or
b)This has got to be the stupidest thing I've seen in a couple of weeks!!

i vote (a).more visable you are at night, the better

Perhaps I should have made this a poll...

a)I think this idea is okay
or
b)This has got to be the stupidest thing I've seen in a couple of weeks!!