Traffic Fines update.

Thereare some slight details left out of your reply, No one would disagree with the spirit of the law. Without laws anarchy would prevail. To down right butt slam someone for making a mistake is highway robbery. The point here is & also as criminal to use the vehicle code as an ATM machine to reward lousy management & feather the nests of the government unions pension plan & illegal immigrations impact on our state. The flip side to this is L.A. wants to stop impounding the vehicles of unlicensed drivers while we are required to abide by every other law.

It falls under the sin tax category, but as Lou says it's just a way to pay for their uncontrolled sending. Another thing to remember is that the illegals have no traceable means of income so the govt doesn't want to bother with them as there is no revenue to be collected, now the rest of us idiots that work for a living, well we are so called money trees.

It kind of boils down to what we sign without really knowing what isn't written in govt fine print.

My dad got his first car and at that time drivers licenses were not required so he drove for years, in Cleveland, without one, perfectly legal. The licensing of commercial drivers is what stated the DL requirement. I am still doing research, but I have yet to find out when and how driving went from a right to a privilege as the law would have us think.

Now I have heard there is a guy here in LA that has never had a DL. He drives, gets stopped and ticketed. Goes to court and states I never signed anything saying I would abide by the vehicle code therefore I am not subject to it's laws. Remember streets are public. Anyone can use a street, the only thing the govt requires a DL for is a motor vehicle. If you never signed the contract, which you do when you apply for a DL, you are exempt from the system. Sure it's a personal hassle, I heard the cops park down the street from his house and ticket him as soon as he leaves his driveway, but from what I read he has yet to pay a fine.

It kind of boils down to what we sign without really knowing what isn't written in govt fine print.

My dad got his first car and at that time drivers licenses were not required so he drove for years, in Cleveland, without one, perfectly legal. The licensing of commercial drivers is what stated the DL requirement. I am still doing research, but I have yet to find out when and how driving went from a right to a privilege as the law would have us think.

Now I have heard there is a guy here in LA that has never had a DL. He drives, gets stopped and ticketed. Goes to court and states I never signed anything saying I would abide by the vehicle code therefore I am not subject to it's laws. Remember streets are public. Anyone can use a street, the only thing the govt requires a DL for is a motor vehicle. If you never signed the contract, which you do when you apply for a DL, you are exempt from the system. Sure it's a personal hassle, I heard the cops park down the street from his house and ticket him as soon as he leaves his driveway, but from what I read he has yet to pay a fine.

A very similar claim was repeatedly made by the guy that started the club down in OC in the early '80's to avoid paying state & federal income taxes. Guess where he's at now.

A very similar claim was repeatedly made by the guy that started the club down in OC in the early '80's to avoid paying state & federal income taxes. Guess where he's at now.

Yup...clink!
Driving on public road ways is a privilege you need a license for to do legally...not a right...

Back 20 or so years ago, I sat on a jury for a guy named Philip P. Marshal.
I'll never forget Philip P. Marshal...I'm sure he's RIP by now....or at least dead....
Philip was a crrrrrrrrrazy old hunched over angry white guy who had one eye that would look straight at you and the other would look at the Juror 2 chairs down and up in the back row.
Philip used to go to the San Jose flea market swap meet on weekends in his old beat up wagon and buy and sell stuff.
One weekend he was driving in the gates and the cop who was there working OT and parking and gate control at the flea market noticed that Philips license plates were made of card board and hand written. Naturally the po-po was curious....so he stopped Philip and pulled him to the side to talk to him about his fancy plates and hoopty.
He asked Philip for his license and registration....and Philip begrudgingly pulled a folded up stack of papers from his shirt pocket and handed it to him while calling him a "Highway Nazi".
Well....Mr. Po-Po didn't appreciate that one bit so he asked Philip to get out of the vehicle so he could check it out...as he did this...he opened up the stack of papers and what those were were hand written manifesto of sorts that explained why Philip felt that Philip P Marshal had the right to drive and didn't need to have a license or registration...or pay taxes....or etc. etc. etc. and how the government had no authority....really good stuff....he was well ahead of the Occupy movement....

As Mr. Po-Po read this facinating story...Philip climbed back into his car, hollered "Hey Naxi get out of my way!" and tried driving away....
Now it was on...

Philip ended up arrested for a variety of charges including resisting arrest, assault of a Po-Po, driving without license and registration....other creative things that Po-Po and The Man could slam him with for being such a chucklehead....

Months later it came to trial in the Santa Clara County court and I was put on the Jury.
I did not want to be on a jury, but once I saw Philip and his Craaaaaaazy eye....I knew this was going to be fun....so I waited patiently as the Jury selection process carried on.

Philip decided to defend himself...so he was selecting his own jury...
Philip was firing Jurors left and right because they knew the pledge of alegence...or either were themselves or had relatives in the military or law inforcement. I was sad becasue I was all of the above. I knew and loved the pledge of alegence....my brother was a Sherriff Deputy...and I was a Veteran. I was doomed to miss the show.

The judge finally stopped allowing Philip to toss people for knowing the pledge or being a veteran...tho' he could still ask....but still allowed the tossing of po-po and their family....still no joy for me...but I finally got my turn in the box for selection.

Philip looked at me with his eye....and the guy 2 seats over and up in the back row with his other eye...and he asked me the questions...
Him: Are you in law enforcement or do you have any family in law inforcement?
Me: [trying not to giggle at his crazy eye's] Yes.
Him: Are you a Veteran?
Me: [gawd that eye is nutz! is he really talking to me?] Yes
Him: Do you know the Pledge of Alegence?
Me: [make it stop I can't stand it!] Yes.

I was sure I was about to get tossed...but...he deferred me to the Prosecution and accepted me...
Oh happy day!!!
Philip likes me!!!
It's got to be becasue I'm such a ray of sunshine...
The Prosecuter quized me and kept me too....I felt validated...

So for 4 days...Philip P Marshal demonstrated his mastery of the Law...he actually knew it as well as any lawyer and had obviously studied law...but to no avail...he was guilty as sin and we hung him high...he new we would...in fact in his closing arguments he made it a point to brag that his only purpose in letting it go to trial and fighting it was to drag it out as long as he could so that the daily court costs would be realized ($10K per day at the time) by the government.

The trial itself was very amusing...but that will make this an even longer story...

Here's to Philip P Marshal!

Im gonna say BS. If that were true then any person here illegaly could claim the same as well.

Like I said I haven't totally researched it, and some legal data is buried pretty deep. I do know we tend to fall into line because it's the easy thing to do or relent to peer pressure.
The hardest part is even if you find that the govt is acting in a gray area the judge is a govt employee and that right there is a conflict of interest if you are fighting a govt "rule".
Anyway, as I find time I dig into these things and when I find something tangible I'll let you know.

Food for thought. The current administration is trying to prove that Govt mandated health insurance falls under the commerce act and has stacked the deck in the supreme court.

But this is getting political and this isn't the political section so I will drop it here.

I smell a cooked Chicken on the menu......:biggrin: the school bus fine is pretty standard tho. the rest are very high but Cali has always had high fines. doesnt seem to stop ppl from speeding out there tho.

Attachments

• thumbnail.aspx.jpeg
    thumbnail.aspx.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 116
Years ago I remember hearing the expression "A stick up her / his butt,
but I don't remember hearing about a chicken with a can /bottle up it's butt.
That chicken wouldn't swallow or what?

I think uve had one too many trips to Disney Land.... the rules apply to ANYONE on the street operating a vehicle. you dont sign a contract when you get ur operators license. what are you talking about?:rolleyes:

you sign to acknowledge that YOU are who YOU are with ur signature and a picture accompanied with it. a DL is also a valid form of identification. you are NOT exempt from anything because you didnt sign. if you dont sign then your not granted the privilege of operating a vehicle legally and wont get ur license.

you also sign acknowledging of implied consent for a DUI. if you fail or refuse the breath or urine test then you lose ur privelege to operate ur vehicle. the criminal end happens in a court of law. per se is motor vehicle priveleges. your talking out of ur ass.

Massachusetts and Missouri were the first states to require driver’s licenses back in 1903 and it had nothing to do with a CDL which came out in 1986 (Commercial motor vehicle safety act of 1986).:rolleyes:

there was no required examinations of driving skills in the early part of the century. u were given identification cards. in the 30s and 40s states required drivers to pay a small fee of 25 or 50 cents and was mailed a certificate.

Rhode Island became the first state to test individuals on their driving skills before issuing licenses in 1908.

so according to ur logic any illegal who gets in a car and drives is not subject to pay a fine cause he didnt take a test and sign? ur absolutely clueless!

Sadness !

Brett, I never thought I would see the day that the chicken would be so dissed. Since his car is broke he seems to be getting more desperate & delusional. I think its imperative that he gets his car running again & he gets his mojo back. It's sad to see such an Icon & national treasure slip into the abyss.

Brett, I never thought I would see the day that the chicken would be so dissed. Since his car is broke he seems to be getting more desperate & delusional. I think its imperative that he gets his car running again & he gets his mojo back. It's sad to see such an Icon & national treasure slip into the abyss.

Oh he's a treasure alright..........:biggrin:

yep, its a dam shame. its like an American icon is dead.....

Attachments

• thumbnail-2.aspx.jpeg
    thumbnail-2.aspx.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 80
  • thumbnail-1.aspx.jpeg
    thumbnail-1.aspx.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 81
so according to ur logic any illegal who gets in a car and drives is not subject to pay a fine cause he didnt take a test and sign?

They don't in CA

And you probably think the inspectors at the CA agricultural inspection stations have the authority to inspect passenger vehicles too.

I'm still around....just sittin' on my can:rolleyes:....cuz all my fast cars are broke...
But hey....I am making progress on the Camaro....bought the wheels last week and about to buy the new tires.

This is what I'm going with.
Kumho Ecsta SPTs....255/50ZR17's in back and 225/50ZR17's up front.
Kumho Ecsta SPT

They'll be mounted to these Summit specials which aint bad for a $480 set of wheels.
IMG01474-20120117-1833.jpg