Trade for a stage 2 car.

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I miss the TR's and am in the market to trade my 2003 Mustang Cobra (656 rwhp on E85) for a Stage 2 Turbo Regal. What I want to a VERY nice car that 100% rust free, has a solid driveline, and needs very little to nothing to make it reliable. It MUST be a Stage 2, (on or off center)...BMS or TA performance blocks. I am NOT interested in basket cases, or cars that need to be finished....in other words, a turn key car. I prefer it to have A/C, and NOT a dedicated track car, but that's not a deal breaker. My Cobra is valued at $26K, and is tastefully modified. It has ice cold A/C and could be driven coast to coast without a hitch. It has been to the track 3 times and ran a best of 11.30 @ 130 on a soft 1.88 short time slipping the clutch in 1st and 2nd, and granny shifting 3rd and 4th. The tune is SUPER mild intentionally, I didn't want anything on the ragged edge....there is another 75-100 rwhp hp on the table with a more aggressive tune. The car was purchased in Lubbock, Texas and is 100% rust free...it has NEVER been driven in snow or rain since I've owned it. The color of your TR is not super important; however, I prefer lighter colors. I am NOT interested in T top cars, and will consider the moon roof if it's factory installed. Truthfully, the more odd your car is, the more I'm interested. PLEASE...YOUR CAR MUST BE A RUST FREE STREET WORTHY STAGE 2 CAR.

Here is a link to another board where you can find details about my car....disregard the paragraph about a Z06 (the kids talked me out of owning a 2 seater).

WTT 2003 Cobra for a Z06. - SVTPerformance

Magic Dragon 2011.jpgMagic Dragon 2011.jpgSeptember 2011 pics of Cobra & Truck 007.1.jpgSeptember 2011 pics of Cobra & Truck 001.jpgSeptember 2011 pics of Cobra & Truck 004.jpgMagic Dragon 2011.jpgMagic Dragon 2011.jpgSeptember 2011 pics of Cobra & Truck 007.1.jpgSeptember 2011 pics of Cobra & Truck 001.jpgSeptember 2011 pics of Cobra & Truck 004.jpg

If interested, feel free to call or text Joe @ 913-244-3829.

PS....I want to trade for a car or equal or lesser value. I would consider other trades in addition to your stage 2 car if the value is less than my car.

Damn i love the way COBRA's look im a TR guy but those snakes are some sexy machines and they make huge power!! my buddy has a red one single turbo and it destroys the pavement...those DOHC engines dont F around they flow some nice numbers without opening them up..

Damn i love the way COBRA's look im a TR guy but those snakes are some sexy machines and they make huge power!! my buddy has a red one single turbo and it destroys the pavement...those DOHC engines dont F around they flow some nice numbers without opening them up..

656 RWHP without ever touching the valve covers :)

is there a reason this is not over in NON BUICK cars for sale

Yes actually there is, I am on a mini vacation with my family over the holidays and have briefly been on the board. I have spoken with the OP (this AM) and will move the thread this weekend when I return home.

Thank you for your concern, it is appreciated.

656 RWHP without ever touching the valve covers :)

These cars as just awesome! But man they are small in side thats a great # for RWHP with out taking the V-covers off! Nice car I just cant put my kids in it good luck with the sale

These cars as just awesome! But man they are small in side thats a great # for RWHP with out taking the V-covers off! Nice car I just cant put my kids in it good luck with the sale

Just how big are your kids? I take all 3 of mine to crusies in this car, and I have no problem fitting them inside...I'm 6'+, 230 lbs, and pretty broad.

BTW...I made my posted numbers on just 16.6 psi and 19.5* of total timing on a heat soaked motor. The timing can go as high as 22* under ideal IAT2 temps (cool outisde). I just purchased a 3" pulley which should take the boost to ~18 which is still far less that what most Whipple owners are pushing with their twin screws.

Hey Joe check out the add in here for Stage car with TA motor. It is black , but rare because they cut off production of Black / chrome T in 87 when they started building the WE4 cars. Tried to post the add link but said moderator had to approve. Also there is one in the Cars wanted forum under add looking for Stage 1 or 2 9, 10 sec car started by Live to die. It is Stage 2 GN.

Since it was beautiful outside today, I took the Cobra out to blow the dust off of it and for some general cruising. While making a pull, I data logged the run and noticed that the max timing at WOT only hit 19.5º. The tune was dialed in for 22º of total timing as long as the IAT2 temps are below 138º. So I called my tuner and sent him the run file for him to look at. About an hour later he called back and told me that he had inadvertantly forgot to set the WOT timing to 22º on one of tune tables. All the while the ECM was referencing a different table that was set at only 19.5º of timing; which, is WAY too low for E85 and the low boost that I'm running. So, he revised the tune in a few places and emailed me the file for me to download to my SCT X-Cal. After I downloaded the tune, I went back out for another run to see if it made any difference.... that answer would be holy crap YES!! On the previous tune the motor made 657 RWHP on 19.5º of timing and ~16 psi....it was now rock steady at 22º and the car pulled like I've never felt it pull before!! All I can say is WOW!!!!....I'd love to see what kind of numbers it would make now :D I havn't even begun to lean on the Whipple yet....this blower is efficient to 25 psi, and it hasn't been north of 17 psi;) Although I love turbo motors....the positive displacement blowers are a hoot to drive with the instant power they produce; I have over 600 lb-ft of torque from ~2600 rpm to ~5200 rpm.

Hey Joe check out the add in here for Stage car with TA motor. It is black , but rare because they cut off production of Black / chrome T in 87 when they started building the WE4 cars. Tried to post the add link but said moderator had to approve. Also there is one in the Cars wanted forum under add looking for Stage 1 or 2 9, 10 sec car started by Live to die. It is Stage 2 GN.

Hey West...good to see that your still in 1 piece. Anyhow, I'm currently looking at a black w/chrome car sporting a stage 2...supper clean, a true street car with a/c and all the bells and whistles. The ball is in his court, he is pondering a deal;) Stay safe brotha, and get home soon...momma is missing ya.