Trade factory front sway for my thick aftermarket?

I did too; and it's wrong. This bar is MASSIVE, and really heavy. There's no way cars in the 80's came with something this heavy duty lol. Maybe trucks, but not cars. I remember buying this bar and switching it out, so I know it's not stock.

Oh, well sorry for that. Was gonna post the question what size is a stock sway bar, but all I probably would have got is a ton of assholes saying "use the search feature" that gave me the wrong answer in the first place. Lol

I hear that. I NEVER use that phrase. I'll answer the same questions ten thousand times I don't care. It doesn't bother me. I'm not the search engine police :) I'll do some digging tomorrow to see if I can find the stock sizes :)

I'll measure mine Friday afternoon when I get home if I can remember. I'm infected with CRS (can't remember stuff)

Uhh.... I'm not sure that's right. I remember the one that came off of mine, and it was flimsy compared to this thing. I know it's not because I had to find energy suspension bushings to fit over this huge bar because the stock stuff wasn't nearly as thick. I would have used the stock stuff if I could have gotten away with it.

I measured 2 different stock sway bars I have and they both measure 32mm. Your car may have been swapped over to a regular n/a Regal swaybar at some point which is smaller.

Then how thick are the aftermarket ones? Those must be SUPER big and thick. Shit. That would weigh 45 lbs! This thing is massive man. I mean it's no joke. Maybe I measured in the wrong place. Let me re-look at this... This is odd.

I know some other vehicle bars weren't a larger diameter but stiffer (thicker walls of the hollow tube). I snapped one on my 01 GS and upgraded and it wasn't any bigger in diameter. I don't know if the GN ones are hollow. HTH

Last edited: