Track videos of the project car

Blevins

A good friend of mine recently picked up an 87 T-Type with what we were told was a TA63 turbo with 3inch DP and turbo back exhaust with what we were told was a 207/213 Lunati voodoo cam... Honestly we are not sure on the cam as it idles so smooth or the turbo just going off what the previous owner told us so you know how that goes. First thing we did was switch it to E85 and got a tunable chip with power logger from Eric at turbo tweak and did a little tuning on it to see how it would run. We threw a precision power plate with there intercooler kit, a precision upper plenum and a larger TB. THe rest of the cars mods are in the video credits. 1st video is us at the track tuning the setup in. We ran a few 7.0s in the 8th that night twards trhe end after getting it dialed in some. The next week after a little more tuning we dipped into the 6s with it on 26psi. I must say this is a VERY fun car... although not very fast yet still very fun! We recently picked up a 6266 turbo and had it up on 28-29psi before we finally lifted a head. So ATM it is getting Champion iron CNC heads along with their CNC intake with some Milodon studs with just some victor orien head gaskets so the car hopefully has a fuse for the stock pistons. We would love to be able to hit 6.5s in the 8th and keep it together. But not promising anything there! Hope you all enjoy the vids and if you have any help or advice on the 6.5 goal i would greatly appreciate it! I'm not new to tuning by any means but this is only the 2nd buick i have ever tuned on and the 1st was about 15 years ago!

PS. Im trying to talk him into selling it to me already. I've got the bug for a Buick!!

Enjoyed watching the times improve. Car seems to launch well.

What were the 60'?

60ft on the 6.99 pass was a 1.52 the 6.98 pass we didn't get on film was a 1.51 I feel the car will leave harder especially with the new 6266 turbo as it spools faster and produces more power, but we ran out of time at the track that night as they closed down right after the 6.98 pass and are closed till spring time now....

talk to dusty @ ptc t/c his 9.5 nlu is the sh*t no one builds a better t/c for our cars period! you will have smile on youre face you will not be able to wipe off.

Well guys i bought this car! It now has new Champion CNC irons with their ported intake. And i just ordered a full billet trans from CK Performance as well as a PTC 9.5 converter. Hope to go deeper into the 6s in the 8th this season on the stock short block! 6.5-6.6 is the goal if i man up and push it lol.