TR6?

ok so the 2 switch boards share the rpm numbers numbers for settings. thanks got it now .just alittle thick headed sometimes .

Clarify something, You are trying to use the FAST 2-step unit with the TR6?

I'm not sure that will work properly.

Bob

Yes, using the new 2step control box for the xfi 2.05 that cal sells. It's just like your old box that plugs into the fuse panel. I know it works on the stock coil setup why not the TR6. I thought I remember you saying it would work with the new box.

I thought I remember you saying it would work with the new box.

no, I never said that.

likely the TR6 will set a code 18 (blown fuse)

it may work "ok". but my 2-step is designed to control the stock ignition strategy, so if FAST copied it, then that is likely how theirs works.

there are numerous technical reasons why it may not work properly. (which I shouldn't discuss in public, I guess....)

Bob

So with that being said, you have a xfi on a car you can test with the cals ign box and tr6? I'll send you a box to try it out and see if we can get it to work. I have 2 sitting here for my cars. Maybe add a flash to the tr6 that we download for those that want to use the box/tr6 so it doesnt show a error code? If you need to pm me. If all else fails i Might just leave my stock ign on and use it over the tr6.

well, a couple things.

you can certainly "just try it", its not going to hurt the TR6, but I don't know how well its going to work. If it works satisfactorily, then shutting off the code 18 is simple enough in the TR6.

I don't see the advantage in adding an additional box to the car when the TR6 has a built in 2-step. In order to change the setting in the FAST you need to drag out your laptop. I'm not sure how much easier that is than adjusting the TR6.

And the TR6 has a remote 2-step control mode which might work better for you.

In any case, let me know which way you want to go.

Bob

Sounds like I will just try it and see what happens. I hope it works satisfactory as this would be the best way for me.

I would rather have an additional box in the car and control the 2step with the xfi. My car always has the laptop running whenever it's on and I data log every wot run. To me it's much easier to make adjustments in the xfi the opening the hood and unscrewing the tr6 and start flipping dip switches every time I want to adjust the 2step.

I know the tr6 has a remote 2step control but I have to run more wires and mounting a switch somewhere. Also I don't have a external tach or one on the dash so I would have to grab the laptop or wire a tach.

Thanks for your continued help and support bob. I will keep you posted when I go to install the box and tr6.

no, I never said that.

likely the TR6 will set a code 18 (blown fuse)

it may work "ok". but my 2-step is designed to control the stock ignition strategy, so if FAST copied it, then that is likely how theirs works.

there are numerous technical reasons why it may not work properly. (which I shouldn't discuss in public, I guess....)

Bob
Yes the tr6 throws a code 18 and does it when the fast 2 step is activated. I would prefer to use the xfi to adjust the 2 step. Is there a flash Available soon?

Glad to hear someone tested it. I was going to test it in a few weeks.

Can't wait for Bob to do a flash for this

yeah, I'm going to look into it.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I have been trying to decide whether to go TR6 or XIM and I definitely want to keep the software based limit control as the eDash lets me tap a few buttons to make changes.

Bob, any update? I'm about to rewire the car and would like to install this box.

Thanks in adavnce

Bob, how are we looking as for the update to fix this issue? Thanks in advance as I know you're a busy man

yeah, I'll spin something up this week.

Are you using the FAST 2-stepper switching box? How is everything connected?

Do you have a link to FAST's instructions for that switcher?

Bob