TR6 does it AGAIN!

The TR6 is available with variable options starting with an integral coil pack similar to the stock one.

You can also order it with individual coils for each cylinder and brackets for mounting them on each valve cover.

The plug wires are different, but you can specify which color and length to fit your specific application, and I even ordered a complete unit for a hot air car.

I kinda wondered why back in the 90's everyone said the stock ignition was good to 1000 hp now that same
ignition is far lower. Whats being put into the modules arent up to snuff. Makes sense.

Not to mention 20 odd years of heat cycling of the originals.

Over 10 years ago when Dave Banford put a distributor on his TSM engine with a MSD he proved the stock coil pack/module was marginal at best when at high HP and RPM levels.

Then we went to e-85 and crap gas with 10-15% alcohol and found that the mixture needed a stronger spark especially with a performance built engine.

I tried at least 10 factory and new coil/module when I converted my street car to e-85, and none of them would reach over 14 psi without breaking down, and after installing the TR6 it easily would hit 20+ psi!

None of these coil/module units were an issue on a stock or slightly modified GN?

The electronic components used in the original modules have long been discontinued, and the substitute parts are not the same. This what I was told by John Spina when I was trying to figure out why my car had a mis-fire with the e-85 and better flowing heads.

When I converted my race car to e-85, the distributor/MSD never missed a beat!

In the overall opinion what is favored: single or multi-coil for E-85 and other ...?

Love my tr6. running e98 boost as high as 26 no issues. Will be turning it up more and I dont anticipate any issues. Great product!!

Thanks...but yes I remember multiple people telling me back in the day. Doesn't always mean they were right, just saying people were talking that way. I just bought one of your tr6's bob , I hope it does me right too.

Brian

I don't ever recall hearing that.

Bob

What exactly is considered high HP and high RPM and high boost too for that matter? I'd like to know before I get to turning the boost up...

Yea that tr6 is no joke .25 boost no issues at all .and all the extra features it comes with .2 step and the trouble code features. Cam phasing. Rev limiter and more .great product thanks bob .oh slso great service from bob if you have any issues he will definitely make sure its right stands behined his products .

I bought a TR6 when they first came out, mainly so I could go to any parts store and pick up what I needed. I did a major power upgrade on my car, and when we test drove on the street the first time we hit it the tranny flared, and the rev limiter in the TR6 caught it. Tried hitting it again, and broke the forward drum and the rev limiter caught it again. The TR6 PAYED for itself last Tuesday!!! Mr. Bob Baily, You are my hero!!! My .02

remember multiple people telling me back in the day. Doesn't always mean they were right, just saying people were talking that way
Red a makes 1000 hp with a stock ignition and jack cotton has run well into the 8s with his.not saying anything thing bad about the tr6 but I have seen some fast stock setups.I personally seen 6800 rpm running a 6468 billet way above 30 psi with lots of methanol with no ignition. Issues with an autozone coil pack and module.

There have been stock coil pack modules in the 7's. Way north of a 1000hp. The old BMS unit with rotary dials and stock module went past 1000hp with twins on methanol ( a whacked out version of an Indy motor ). I do have one of the ESP high output coil packs that I got as an upgrade but I don't know if there is a performance difference or just a sticker. I have brand new MSD distributors and caps to put on my next motor and I want to try the TR6 on the one after that. The whole coil on plug setup caught me off guard and never put 2 and 2 together and think that it could work on our motors. Once I get the time to go racing again I would like to dive deeper in that newer technology, parts are getting harder to find and my XFI is screaming for more work.