TR Parts Connection- anybody remember these guys?

GNTIM

I used to buy NOS stuff from this guy, he was out of Arizona or New Mexico and his stuff was lower than the dealer in the late 90's and early 2000's. I probably have a catalog somewhere

I just pull out one of his parts book. Looking at the prices blew my mind how cheap things were . But also it was 13 years ago.

I believe that was Don Bixler out of Tucson. He was a great guy and would bend over backwards for anyone. He was really helpful ehrn I first goy my GN back in '98. I had met with him several times after my wife and I moved to Tucson in 2000. He would drop by my house to deliver my parts when he was in town. I'm sad to say that he lost the battle to cancer back in '01 or '02 if I remember correctly.

You know? I really miss the old days of the Buick crowd. Back in CA I used to get together with Jason Hall, Neal Steward, Freddy, and Mack. There was also a great Buick club in Tucson. Bear and Robi Campbell, Chunk, Tony, John, Don, and several others whos names slip my mind now. Things are nothing like they used to be.

I believe that was Don Bixler out of Tucson. He was a great guy and would bend over backwards for anyone. He was really helpful ehrn I first goy my GN back in '98. I had met with him several times after my wife and I moved to Tucson in 2000. He would drop by my house to deliver my parts when he was in town. I'm sad to say that he lost the battle to cancer back in '01 or '02 if I remember correctly.

You know? I really miss the old days of the Buick crowd. Back in CA I used to get together with Jason Hall, Neal Steward, Freddy, and Mack. There was also a great Buick club in Tucson. Bear and Robi Campbell, Chunk, Tony, John, Don, and several others whos names slip my mind now. Things are nothing like they used to be.

That about sums it up unfortunately
Well, that explains it. He was a really nice guy. I bought tons of stuff from him when I worked on a bunch of these cars and was hoarding stuff for myself. Called one day and the line was disconnected. The unexpected perk I noticed after buying this car was the comradery and honesty of the TB crowd.

It all happened real fast. By the time he was diagnosed, he had already had a football sized tumor. He passed a few months after surgery. If I remember correctly, he had a wife and young child. I think the wife did not speak english. Also, I believe a family member came in and raided all the parts he had after he died. Truly a sad situation.

Don was a great guy! I had forgotten about him until you mentioned him. I bought quite a few parts from him back in the day. It's a shame how things worked out for him.

Neal