TR INSURANCE QUESTIONS

I have mine insured as a collector auto thru American Collectors Insurance. They requested pictures of my car from 4 different angles but never asked about how it was stored. There is a 5000 mile per year limit & you can't go to the daily grocery, mall, etc shopping with it. I have mine insured for an agreed valve of $26,520. They increase it about $500 per year & my most recent bill for 2018 is $192.99. They're out of Cherry Hill, NJ. You should check them out thou I have never put in a claim with them.
I have mine with them too. How do you have a 2 hundred dollar bill and mine was 4 per year. I need to look at my policy. I have mine insured for 23k

I have mine with them too. How do you have a 2 hundred dollar bill and mine was 4 per year. I need to look at my policy. I have mine insured for 23k
I had them reevaluate it 3 or 4 years go. I have $100,000 for bodily injury & uninsured. $250,000 PIP all with a $250 deductible. My collision is $500 deductible as is other than collision. My car is considered unmodified & that brought the price down during the reevaluation.

I've always used regular insurance companies and got paid what each accident/claim was worth and sometimes more. :cool:

They don't care where I go or park and if I have 230K on the clock either.

I have Travelers right now through AAA, no issues, and if I need a new windshield I don't even have to break it first. ;)

I'd be interested to hear from the agreed value folks how much they got paid on a claim from each of the popular companies?

Someday I may get a show or race car I can't drive much.... :p:oops:

I really do not like hagerty as they have a lot of restrictions in the fine print and they are expensive!
I have Hagerty and I had to file a claim, told them that someone kicked my sideview mirror and a rock hit my car, they didn't ask any other questions. Adjuster came and allocated x amount to fix it. Sent it to the shop and they said it cost more than the allocation and Hagerty cut another check. Since my car is only out during the summer every fall I change the policy to just being stored in my garage and averages out the cost to be about $400 a year. No mileage limitations.

Last edited:
I have Hagerty and I had to file a claim, told them that someone kicked my sideview mirror and a rock hit my car, they didn't ask any other questions. Adjuster came and allocated x amount to fix it. Sent it to the shop and they said it cost more than the allocation and Hagerty cut another check. Since my car is only out during the summer every fall I change the policy to just being stored in my garage and averages out the cost to be about $400 a month. No mileage limitations.
400 a month when i went to school that is 4800 a year, thats high in 4 years you could buy another gn thats nice.:confused:

I have insurance at State Farm here in North MS , been with them since the mid 80's and my GN is insured for 30,000$ , stolen , totaled or wrecked for bout 200 $ every 6 months and now I can only put maybe 5000 miles a year on the car but I think its a very good deal . And I ask if 5 years from now its stolen they would not " Pro Rate " and they said no . They would write me a check for 30K

Well I got a quote from Grundy for $200 with a $30k states value. I have not looked at their fine print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up with Hagerty $503 for the whole year car covered for $35K I have a carport but I found a really good deal on a metal shed 21X18 with roll up door that's getting installed in a couple of weeks. They wanted pics of the car all sides of exterior one of trunk one of engine bay. I did online app sent pics, then the next day a rep called me went over all the details of covered stuff verified me and other licensed drivers cars that are their daily drivers once I agreed to terms then I paid the money, policy and insurance cards emailed immediately and done deal. Thanks for all the input TB.com guys now of to my other threads lol

I ended up with Hagerty $503 for the whole year car covered for $35K I have a carport but I found a really good deal on a metal shed 21X18 with roll up door that's getting installed in a couple of weeks. They wanted pics of the car all sides of exterior one of trunk one of engine bay. I did online app sent pics, then the next day a rep called me went over all the details of covered stuff verified me and other licensed drivers cars that are their daily drivers once I agreed to terms then I paid the money, policy and insurance cards emailed immediately and done deal. Thanks for all the input TB.com guys now of to my other threads lol
That's cool, I had to send in the same pictures when first insured. Do you live in a no-fault state? I wonder if that makes a difference? If I didn't change my policy every fall when the car goes in for storage, my bill would be like $750 through Hagerty for the year. My declared value is $25 or $30k?

Call American Modern Or Rally. There are places that will insure at the track up to the starting line. American Modern is one of them unless they have changed it in the last couple years. most will not insure if your on the racetrack property