TR Custom Parts Gauge Cluster applique

justin84

done
I just purchased one of the white covers. Do any of you guys have an opinion on them? Any pics of one installed? They look VERY cool.

I just purchased one of the white covers. Do any of you guys have an opinion on them? Any pics of one installed? They look VERY cool.

"justin84", I have the "simulated stainless steel" ones installed in my car and it looks really great...but "white" ??...never seen them...:redface:

Claude. :)

Lets see that one!!! Here is the one I just bought. It looks sweet on the website but I have yet to see it installed?

Attachments

• white145b.jpg
    white145b.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 185

you asked for an honest opinion- so here goes.

i think the white overlays look like crap. the Buick interior designers got it right with the black background and simple contrasting numbers, which fits in perfectly with the understated class and simplicity of the rest of the interior. in fact, my mom's 99 LeSabre has a similar them as my 84 Regal going on around the cluster, so it must have been a pretty popular color scheme to last that long.
i will also admit that i have thought about pulling the cluster out of her car and seeing how well it sits in my dash...
some of the older (78-83 i think) Regals had gauges with a brushed stainless finish, and they looked kinda cheesy in anything that wasn't a loaded luxury model.

i do like the black 140mph overlays- but i really wish they made a 120mph overlay. i like to have 60mph straight up so i can keep it going 60 by merely glancing down at the speedo, and why do you need a speedo that goes past 120? plus, things just start to look kind of crowded with anything over a 120 speedo..

Lets see that one!!! Here is the one I just bought. It looks sweet on the website but I have yet to see it installed?

Justin, got your order BUT you ordered the 85mph version. Which did you really want? 85mph as ordered OR 145mph as posted here? Just want to make sure you get the correct one as these are made to order. Be aware that if you go with the 145mph version you will need to get your speedo recalibrated.

Justin, got your order BUT you ordered the 85mph version. Which did you really want? 85mph as ordered OR 145mph as posted here? Just want to make sure you get the correct one as these are made to order. Be aware that if you go with the 145mph version you will need to get your speedo recalibrated.

Thanks Mark for getting with me on this. I want the 85 with the orange 55. I just stole that pic from you for reference :eek::biggrin::eek:

I have one installed bought from Mark fairly recently. I also bought the modded boost overlay to work with the 3 bar MAP with Razor's alky kit. Will try and get pics up soon..... It really looks good and compliments my white exterior too! You will need to pant the needle pointers though if you go with the white overlay.

Well Claude, You made me do it! Haha, I went ahead and bought the console "simulated aluminum" applique! I hope I ordered it right tho? It said 5 dollars more for a logo? I figured that was just engraving so I said I wanted a large centered power six on the ashtray portion :)

Well Claude, You made me do it! Haha, I went ahead and bought the console "simulated aluminum" applique! I hope I ordered it right tho? It said 5 dollars more for a logo? I figured that was just engraving so I said I wanted a large centered power six on the ashtray portion :)

justin, it should look great!...I've bought from Mark (buickgn.com) several times and have always been satisfied with his products. :wink: As for my console applique, it does not have any logo as I have an aftermarket shifter in my car and because of that, I was concerned that a logo might have been too much...:redface: (see picture below)

JOHNDEEREGN said:
Whats the little green button for:biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Ha ha!...I knew someone would ask about the "mysterious green button" !...:biggrin: and it didn't take long! :biggrin:...Seriously, it's the trans-brake release button. :wink:

justin, it should look great!...I've bought from Mark (buickgn.com) several times and have always been satisfied with his products. :wink: As for my console applique, it does not have any logo as I have an aftermarket shifter in my car and because of that, I was concerned that a logo might have been too much...:redface: (see picture below)

Ha ha!...I knew someone would ask about the "mysterious green button" !...:biggrin: and it didn't take long! :biggrin:...Seriously, it's the trans-brake release button. :wink:

COUGH COUGH!! Point taken!!!!!!