tps-tec

There was one on my 84 T when I bought it. I used it to set tps minimum and took it out. My tps reaches power enrichment on it's own so I didn't need it. Mine is a Casper's but the tag is water worn so it's hard to read.

They are all made by caspers electronics and distributed by different vendors.

I purchased one for 15 dollars at a swap meet and had to swap two wires around to get it to work on the 87 TPS sensor. I guess its useful for setting the idle voltage since it uses lights to show when its in spec.

Problem is it brings on full fuel enrichment at "3/4" throttle. Now think back about the tps sensor and how 3/4 throttle voltage is dependent on how its adjusted.

Mine would hit 2.xx volts on the TPS and then spike to 4.86 at closer to half throttle. It caused a rich condition at part throttle sometimes.

Mine crapped out on me and started showing 4.86 at all RPMs, so I took it off, set the TPS to 4.5 WOT and .42 idle and it runs faster and has a better fuel curve than with it attatched.

If you can get your TPS sensor to read above 4.2-4.5 at WOT then dont buy a TPS-TEC. Even if you can't, dont buy one. Just get a new TPS.....