TPS/TEC & VOLT BOOSTER

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
As the title states:

I THINK Volt booster is one of Red's. Easy install. Works fine. I have recent alternator upgrade so I don't think I'll need it.

I THINK TPS/TEC interferes with my ALKY setup so I will not need. Read the ad from Kirban's site below:

FROM KIRBAN'S WEBSITE:

"The TPS Sensor attaches to the throttle body of the engine and sends a voltage signal that is relatively linear with the throttle position. In other words, the more you press the throttle, the more voltage the throttle sensor sends to the computer. The computer registers this voltage and correspondingly increases fuel delivery and timing advance.
This is how the computer knows how much time to leave the fuel injectors open for each cylinder stroke.

On the Grand Nationals however, the turbo boost is controlled by signals from the mass airflow sensor, and at a certain point the computer goes into enrichment mode which bypasses the signal from the TPS for the most part.

Most turbo owners find that by pulling the TV cable (the throttle valve cable that attaches to the transmission) out one or two notches on the adjustment, the shift points are much firmer and the engine shifts at a slightly higher rpm. But, when you do that the MAXIMUM throttle is limited and usually doesn't even hit the top end stop! This is bad for the TPS sensor as it doesn't allow the sensor to see the optimum wide-open-throttle voltage, resulting in less than maximum fuel delivery and timing! The engine is looking for 4.55 volts as a valid maximum wide-open-throttle voltage, but the TV cable doesn't allow it if you have it adjusted for crisper shifts! So what you have done has achieved crisper, firmer shifts, but depleted wide-open throttle performance!

This is where the TPS-TEC comes in... at approximately 60% throttle in EVERY gear, the TPS-TEC snaps into action and delivers over 4.6 volts to the computer! The computer sees this as a valid wide-open-throttle signal and delivers maximum fuel and timing! The result is an immediate improvement in throttle "feel" and maximum engine performance without having to mash the throttle to the floor. It makes up for tightening TV cable adjustments thicker floor mats and stretched throttle cables and even worn TPS sensors.

Another feature the TPS-TEC has is the calibration section of the unit. This allows you to check and calibrate the TPS sensor on the engine without a digital volt meter. Once the TPS-TEC is installled, simply turn your key to the "on" position and if the green second LED light is lit, it means your TPS is where it should be! The TPS-TEC also has a safety feature built-in which will NOT allow the unit to go over the maximum volts designed for the car!

INSTALLATION- Quite easy as it is a simple plug-in unit with NO wires to cut. The control box measures just 2" x 2" and attatches under the hood to the lip of the heater box on your firewall. The unit plugs in as the one illustration on this page shows. The other is a chart showing the voltage curve with the unit in operation versus stock.

- We've fully tested this on various cars (on our personal cars and about 15 subscribers' cars) with excellent results. It doesn't matter if car is 100% stock original or highly modified, this TPS-TEC works where you can feel the gains beginning at about 60% throttle. We'll announce other car applications as testing is completed... most cars have a TPS sensor, but the plug design or wiring varies.

Not many products are priced under $100 that you can personally install in less than five minutes and have it make your car run noticeably stronger! For street driven cars, it is ideal because you're getting the effects of full throttle beginning at 60% throttle. It enriches the fuel mixture and detonation is reduced which increases horsepower output. Specify year...
Fits: 1986-1987" --- Sells for $99.00 (KIRBAN)

Make me an offer.... :)