tps-tec is it a good install???????????

buickv6turbo

HELLO i had a simple question i just pulled out my GN from my garage after about a year of storage.i found a box with some stuff i was going to install on it and never got around to it due to my new born. Now i want to start working on it again and found a TPS-TEC unit. my car is bone stock and was wondering wat the unit does for the car,and looks like an easy install would it help the performance of the car??wat other upgrandes should be next besides fuel regulator, fuel pump,any feed back appreciated thanks,......

There was one on one of my T Types when I bought it. It is for a mis adjusted TPS or one that is worn in the upper quadrants. My cars actually ran better without the TPS-TEC. My settings were already good so I only used it to set idle voltage without getting out the TurboLink. :)

^+1

I think it was more of a bandaid for a misadjusted or worn tps. My car way back ran better without it as well.

The unit inserts between your TPS sensor and TPS wiring. It has two functions; one, it allows you to calibrate the idle voltage of the TPS, and 2, assures full Power Enrichment at WOT. Locks into full TPS voltage at 70% throttle. Maintains consistent TPS voltage at all times, compensates for TPS element wear. LED display indicates functions.

I took this off of Caspers website.;)

15 years ago John Spina gave me one to test on my car. I still have it on the car! When I race, since we're at W.O.T anyway, I run with it disconnected .

When street driving I keep it hooked up as "insurance" against a lean condition when I floor the car from a roll "unexpectedly" ;) because at least I'm sure the injectors are at full power enrichment. It does not seem to cause any problems and my 10 second street car runs great with it hooked up and gets over 20+mpg to boot! Paul