TPS sensor

Tony87gn

Guys I have a 3 month old sensor on the car that is acting screwy. When I start the car it will show .42 but when I go out and drive it will drop to .06 what the hell? Is this one bad to or should I try adjusting it. IAC is normal. This car is really starting to piss me off its like I fix one thing then another thing breaks.

Tony87gn said:
Guys I have a 3 month old sensor on the car that is acting screwy. When I start the car it will show .42 but when I go out and drive it will drop to .06 what the hell? Is this one bad to or should I try adjusting it. IAC is normal. This car is really starting to piss me off its like I fix one thing then another thing breaks.

.06 is what mine reads with the connector unplugged (open circuit). So I would check the connector and wiring connections. It is also possible to get that reading with a good connector and wiring when the TPS itself becomes open at certain throttle positions. Mine just did the same thing last week. The variable center contact can do these screwy things when they do not make a good contact. Mine was solved by replacing with a genuine AC delco TPS. The after market replacement did not even last a year and never even saw 1000 miles befor it crapped out. Got mine from Eric Fisher $40. to my door.
Edited:
I just came across this. AC Delco By it now price is 26 bucks including shipping! Good price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33557QQitemZ8052173774QQrdZ1

Thanks alot for that Bob. Mine is a cheap aftermarket replacement makes me a little pissed. Ill either check the connection or buy a Delco unit.