TPS sensor setting

hamer

I am gonna look at the TPS this weekend with a digital voltmeter. I ve seen the process on gnttype but as always its for and 86-87 GN so instead of it being passenger side its on hte back side. but i cant tell exactly where its at or what to hook up to. kinda cramped backe there. Any help is greatly appreciated. also the fuel filter change. How to safley bleed pressure from fuel line so i dont make hurt or messy. thanks guys.

I'll write back when i get home from work on the tps, .42 at idle, let the car sit and the press should go away , un screw it slow to make sure . I guess your a long ways from the glen burnie - baltimore area.

Easy way to bleed fuel pressure off is to start the car and then go to the back between the fuel tank and the bumper and unplug the fuel pump wiring harness OR pull the fuse under the dash while the car is running...The car will eventually die, you can even help it along by giving it a little gas...

After that, you won't have much pressure at all in the system...

TPS is located on the FRONT side of the throttle body (opposite of the throttle cable). There are 3 wires directly on top of it. The center (middle) wire is the signal wire. Put the positive lead of the meter to this wire (straight down into the connector should work), and put the negative lead of the meter to a good ground. Shoot for about .42 or .43 volts at idle. At wide open throttle, voltage should be at least 4.55 (obviously test WOT setting with engine not running :D ).

yeah crazy im down by PAX river NAS/ solomons island area probly like 2 or more hours south thanks for all the tips guys ill let you know how my adj go.

silly question, this is my first volt meter. im trying to get readings on my tps since i dont have a scanmaster. blue wire, got it. what the heck setting on the volt dial? There is about 20 different options.

Should be a 20vdc setting or something similar. Just needs to be a volts DC setting above 5 volts for tps and needs two decimal places if digital.