tps sensor and trans

ricturbo

if the tps was off alittle would it make trans not shift right? It was .46 and on wide open throttle it was set 4.22. I set it .42 and 4.5 and drove car got on it a bite and it took off sideway never done that before. any thoughts ?I ve been haveing trouble with trans not shifting right had car parked for 2 weeks.

Nope.

Might not be a bad idea to service the trans mission with new fluid and a filter. I like the new Dex IV and don't forget to overfill it by one quart.

OOPS, yes, that's the stuff. It would appear I have dyslexia with my Roman numerals. :D

Why overfill by one quart? I might need to do that if its needed.

Oh, wish I knew that sooner, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, running it at the 'correct' level on an upgraded street car is a recipe for a smoked transmission.

I always thought it was bad to over fill anything?? as far as the fluid and filter I just put new one in 1000 miles ago.

As a general rule it is bad to overfill stuff. ESP if the level allows the fluid to physically get hit by something like a crankshaft.

In the case of our transmissions, when the 200-4R fluid level was set, they didn't think that a bunch of idiots would be pulling so may G-forces at a later date.