TPS problem?? need help asap

NotchedPsi

currently putting gn drivetrain in my mustang been a project for the last three years, car should be running after i get a new fuel pump, but the issue i have is the my tps reading are 180 out, when at idle the reading on my xfi is showing its at 90% wide open throttle and when im at wide open throttle its goes to nothing, i have a brand new rjc polished intake plenum any help would be greatly appreciated just not sure whats goin on with that,

You've got a couple wires crossed. I'm guessing you have the 5 volt and ground wires crossed.

I have a full engine harness ordered direct from xfi tho, everything is plug and play. If I can just switch wires ill do so, just an odd problem hopefully ill get it squared away soon thanks guys

if i remember correctly this problem was there with both the stock wiring harness and now the aftermarket xfi harness. tried a known good tps and still same problem.

Have you tried reversing the 5volst source and ground?? Have you tried anything?

we havent tested anything yet, looks like thursday well get a chance too, just tryin to find as many things to try to fix this prob as fast as possible thanks tho i appreciate the advice im still new to the buick world i guess

Post a pic of the TPS. Sounds like you have the 84-85 sensor.

here are some pics

IMAG0816.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

prob solved, its was a wires mixed up thx for all the help, heres it funning for first time . . .
Glad you got it running. Although it is at a very strange angle, obviously, you have the correct TPS.

Tps wasnt set when pic was taken that why position was odd, but some small things to get done and hopefully ill be driving it soon

a bit off topic, but somewhat related, maybe you guys can clear up a question. is it normal to see some varience in the tps while car is on vs off ? w the ign set to on i see .36 close 4.6 wot, w the car running i see .40-4.75 wot. im trying to troubleshoot a sligh sputter i get sometimes onye at wot, no knock, afrs around 12.3-12.5.. part throttle is never does it.