Toyota's new simulator to help owners cope

sad CHP and local cali men in GENERAL. can't seem to grasp the whole neutral IDEA IN A CAR! put the dam tranny out of gear but no no no no no no, blame toyota! lol give me a break.

its a conspiracy against toyota to increase us sales, its obvious. the media is just a resources, a card those in power get to pull when ever they want. just like the owners here, they have ALL the power, and the board is just a resource for them to continue their agenda. doesn't matter what is or isn't best for us, cus we don't have the means of power.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact 2 CHP LEO's couldn't figure out to take their tranny out of gear in order to save lifes..............then this jerk off in cali calls 911 and the tape is played via media within minutes........please. agenda 101, please take your seats and take out your notes.

I love how the douchbag driving the Prius that was rescued by the highway patrol car drove 20 minutes while talking on the phone with 911. On the tape, the 911 operator asked him if he tried to put it in neutral and he replied: "I'm trying to focus on controlling my car..."

WOW... it's going 80 mph.... The operator should have replied... hey stupid, how about getting off the phone and put the POS you bought in neutral! I think this is a phony incident where this jerk wants to jump in and sue Toyota because no one could be that stupid.

He also thought if he turned the key off he would lose his brakes & steering.
Now I don't own anything newer than an 03 so I am not sure but if you only move the key back i click you should still be able to steer & coast to a stop.

sad CHP and local cali men in GENERAL. can't seem to grasp the whole neutral IDEA IN A CAR! put the dam tranny out of gear but no no no no no no, blame toyota! lol give me a break.

I am unsure if you have driven a Prius but the transmission shifter is all computer controlled....there is no mechanical linkage. I would venture to guess that Toyota has built in the computer that the car cannot be put into neutral over "X" MPH.

Also, several of these Toyotas have keyless systems which enables you to start the car without putting it into the dash. It is not even a Key like we have for our cars.....it is a remote that slides all the way into the dash. In some cases to start the car all you have to do is have the key in your pocket and press the Start/Stop button. Once again I am sure that Toyota has something built into the computer that will not allow the car to be turned off over "X" MPH.

Bogus or not the computer on these cars is controlling everything!

These instances of "unintended acceleration" are due to the same thing that they have always been... people are stepping on the wrong pedal. That was the case with Audi's in the 80's and that is the case now.

Car brakes are stronger than car engines... period. That's why even highly modded Turbo Buicks can spool up by foot braking. If your accelerator sticks wide open and you step on the brakes your car will stop.

Car and Driver tested a Toyota Camry, an Infinity G37, and a Roush Mustang to see if they would stop with the accelerator at WOT. For the Camry and Infinity, braking distances from 70MPH and 100MPH with the car at WOT were barely more than normal. The Camry even slowed to 10 MPH from 120MPH before the brakes gave up.

Even the Mustang (540HP) could be brought to a stop at WOT from both 70 and 100MPH.

This runaway Prius douchebag is a liar who is trying to get a good seat on the frivolous lawsuit gravy train. A Prius has, what, about 6HP? Like that potent powerplant would be hard to reign in. :rolleyes:

Funny how he's had the car since 2008 yet it conveniently waited until now to act up.

And as for the rest of them... there's what, about 8 trillion Toyota's on the road, yet we have only a couple hundred cases of unintended acceleration? If there really were something wrong the odds are we'd be seeing more than like a .00001% failure rate.

What you said above is not necessarily true, i had a 1970 camaro that the throttle got stuck wide open due to linkage malfunction on the carburator, i hit the damn brakes has hard as I could and that FUC** did not stop at all, I remember praying as I went through a red light and thought to myself damn Im dead, by then finally I threw the damn thing in parking and it stopped, mind you I was almost going 90mph at that point, broke the trannie but the car stopped..:eek:

This runaway Prius douchebag is a liar who is trying to get a good seat on the frivolous lawsuit gravy train. A Prius has, what, about 6HP? Like that potent powerplant would be hard to reign in. :rolleyes:

Funny how he's had the car since 2008 yet it conveniently waited until now to act up.

I completely agree. That guys is indeed a lyin' douchebag. He was already under suspicion a few years ago for false burglary reports somewhere in NorCal, trying to cash in on insurance claims.

He'll be outed as the fraud he is.

BTW, the simulator video is hilarious. :-D

I'm no Toyota fan, but this is all B.S., with our union-owned federal gov't going after Toyota for obvious reasons.

Toyota has never suppressed bad press and recalls. :eek::rolleyes:

" Recall date: Not reported
Units potentially affected: 155,809
NHTSA campaign number: 93V147000
Defective part or component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT:RADIO:TAPE DECK ETC.

Description: FAILURE OF A SPECIFIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENT IN THE RADIOS CAUSES AN ELECTRICAL SHORT CIRCUIT. IF THE FAILURE OCCURS, IT COULD RESULT IN A PASSENGERCOMPARTMENT FIRE. REPAIR THE RADIO. "

They build "great" cars like Audi did in the 80's. :eek::biggrin: