Towing with a Turbo Regal

GNTurbo6

Asian guy in redneck car
I know I've seen a few people around here tow with this Buicks and I'm considering getting a tow hitch for my GN. I'd only be pulling a trailer that would hold or a motorcycle or two, nothing more. So, could you guys provide pics of your tow set ups and let me know what parts I would need. Also any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

i asked about this once before, i beleive i was told a hitch package for an el camino will work..but don't quote me on that, interested to see the responses you get !!

trailer hitch

I worked for u-haul a number of years, we sold and installed a ton of part#36104 ,draw-tite/u-haul class 2 hitch 3500lb with removable drawbar,I had one on my 87t and 78 elcamino, easy installation too. pulled great for my waverunner or utility trailer with atv, gotta have toys!! I CANNOT BELIEVE I STILL REMEMBER THE PART#:biggrin: hope this helps. Pat

Thanks for the quick response and part number. How much work are these to install and where can I get the best price on it?

I did have a tranny cooler on my car, tranny held up good ,no problems,Google drawtite 36104 or contact u-haul,they used to say they could get a hitch for any car? easy to install,just have to enlarge the 2 bottom bumper bracket support holes. Pat

My Hurst Olds has one I want to take off. I believe it is a draw-tite as well.
Let me know if you want it. I will sell it for cheap. Make an offer and pay the shipping.
Looks like it bolts onto existing holes.

I don't have pics but there was a guy at the local track a few years ago that used to tow an old 1st gen camaro race car with a really nice astroroof GN. He would unhook the driveshaft on the camaro and tow it with a simple towbar. He said the car tows great, and that he hadn't burnt anything up doing it. The veteran racers there said he used a hemi belvedere droptop before the GN but it got so valuable that he sold it and replaced it with the GN. Funny thing is, if he'd just mod the GN it would have been just as fast and he could drive it there.

Towed A 20 Foot Boat For 4 Years No Problems Make Sure You Have A Transcooler And Trailer Brakes