Towing my car?

Brian Collins

I'm going to pull my trans. tomorrow so I'll need to tow the car home. My plan was to pull it home with some rope but I can't think of any place to tie off too. Does anybody have any tips on how to do this with out destroying the ic shroud? I only need to pull it about a mile.

Right now my trans is on the ground. I'm waiting to install my new converter from PTS Extreme. Of course I'm turning into a fair weather mechanic. I don't like laying on the ground when it's freezing outside. But to answer you question, IMHO you should have a tow company move your car. Then you reduce the risk of damaging it. You can then put money into making your car faster instead of doing repairs (if you accidently damage it). As for fixing, there are many knowledgeable members on this board who can provide so much repair information that you may go into information overload:D .

Brian, I'm assuming you're not an ADAC member? If you are, can they tow it? Just make sure they use a rollback where they winch the car up onto the bed. They have tow trucks with a crane that will actually pick the car up and put it onto the bed.. don't think you want that. :eek:

Can you get a tow dolly? I've towed my car one time with a tow rope and sure enough, the PS air damn bought it.. :(

ADAC

Can ADAC tow on base? I've got to move my car from the skills center to my base hose. I don't have ADAC yet but I probably should get it anyway?"thanks

ADAC is the German equivelant to AAA. I didn't realize this was on base. That I have no clue on. If you're going to be off-base and driving this car, that may not be a bad idea. Try giving them a call. How's your German? :)