Totaled out my Dodge Dakota Today...

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Yeah, as the title says the truck is done. I was out doing some snowmobiling today and on my way back (pulling my single place trailer) the roads were drifting a little bit and had some snow, not a big deal, I'm doin 50-55 in a 55mph zone, and as I look ahead some jackass is sliding all over the road in a Dodge Colt van. I let off the gas and grab some brake, nothing happens due to the ice/snow on the road, well now he's coming at me driver's side door first, I yell OH $HIT and brace my self as good as I can, boom, right smack into his DS door. The front end of my truck is gone, air bags are out, sled is off the trailer on it's side, the other guy is injured....

I dial 911 get all the authorities out there, mean while I'm fine ( I wasn't wearing a seat belt, and I never touched the air bags, damn lucky for a 55 mile an hour head on crash, I just braced my feat and held on to that steering wheel as hard as I could) I think the other guy might have been drinking, this road is right down from a bar, but I'll know more tomorow. Either way I'm innocent and he was in the wrong, I just hope this bastard has insurance to pay for my sled ( the hood is all cracked, belly pan is cracked, and a ski is out of whack due to it hitting the tail gate of my truck) The truck was being leased and I was just about to purchase it, so I really didnt loose anything, but I did love that truck, now I have to find somthing else, either another gas guzzling Dakota, or another truck.

If anyone has a 97-up Dakota and needs some stuff, heres what I'm getting rid of.
-MOPAR Vinyl tonnea cover
-MOPAR Window vent deal things
-GTS headlight and tail light covers
-MTX loaded thunder form for under back seat
-Gibson Dual exhaust with chrome tips
-Receiver hitch (2")
-Carpeted bed liner

thanks for letting me vent, I just have so much going on. I just got engaged, bought a house and now this..........at least I'm ok.

Glad to hear you're ok. Almost amazing considering the speed. Hopefully he is well insured (at least liability). Even though you're leasing, you're still on the hook for the truck should something not go in your favor. His insurance company will likely end up owning it and covering the trailer too, at least my policy supposedly covers trailers. Not sure about the cargo "on" the trailer though.