Toruge specks G/N-1 ?

278cikiller

I have a set of G/N-1 heads and a brand new set of ATR headers what would be the toruge specks on these if any one knows thanks! and should i use copper gaskets with these.

14 bolt or 8 bolt heads ?
the paperwork that came w/ my 14 bolt heads states short bolts 65 ft lbs and long bolts 75 ft lbs w/ assy lube

Jim

G/N-1 Heads

Hey Guys this is not the heads to the block its the headers to the heads. ATR headers to G/N-1 heads thanks.

U referring to the heads, or the headers, or both?
My ATR's came w/ copper gaskets.

G/N-1 Heads

Hey Chuck these are brand new ATR headers going on G/N-1 heads! I will be putting on copper header gaskets.

I found..

Hey Chuck these are brand new ATR headers going on G/N-1 heads! I will be putting on copper header gaskets.

that the threads in the header bolt holes were not tapped to the bottom of the holes. So, I added Helicoils to all holes.
That cured the problem of the low thread count, and the possible problem w/ alum threads giving up...
I also made sure I had a good turbo support, to minimize the load on the header.

Use Studs

Go with a course/fine thread 3/8 stud and you can put a lot more tq and clamp on them than just a 3/8 course thread bolt going into alum threads. Especially since the flanges will eventually warp and you will need to put some extra lovin on them to get them to seal. I'm not sure but I think a 3/8 course thread hole in alum can only be tq'ed to 20-25#/ft and you can just about double that with the fine thread stud. Google it I'm sure there something out there on it I know I saw it somewhere.

G/N-1 Heads

that the threads in the header bolt holes were not tapped to the bottom of the holes. So, I added Helicoils to all holes.
That cured the problem of the low thread count, and the possible problem w/ alum threads giving up...
I also made sure I had a good turbo support, to minimize the load on the header.

No Chuck i didnt fine them! it was a garage sale! lol. a real good friend help me out with these and a ford 9" rear end to.

Thanks for all your help guys your the best.