Torque Convertor...knock

wickedmotorhead

SQWURLY
I am still having false knock problems and I saw that torque convertor bolts that are loose could be the cause. I have put better gas in, but I only get knock when in second gear and getting on the gas even with NO boost. I have checked for anything loose...dipstick, DP, Crossover pipe, flexplate bolts, everything in the engine compartment, motor mounts, you name it. I am going to get a new knock sensor and line it with teflon next. I also wanted to check the torque convertor, but I have never had an auto trans is this easy to do. Do I have to disassemble anything? Thanks.

I have seen the flywheel bolts to the crank be a touch loose once or a cracked flywheel. These are rare incedents but they do happen.

The loose flywheel bolts produced a light rapping knock more like a rattle when on a slight accel from a coast condition.

One step ahead

I was looking into this same issue.

see: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134602

My rods ended up being on the loose side, No way I would run them after knowing the condition they are in. You may want to unbolt the TC and slide the converter back, start the engine and listen very carefully for the noise as mine seemed to lighten up (Less strain on the rods) once the TC was undone.