Torque Converter?

HRobertson1

Well after 9 months of saving and buying parts I finally got my new engine in. After dropping it in I attempted to bolt it to the trans. I thought the coverter was all the way in but it binded against the flex plate and I heard a pop. I loosened the bolts and pushed the converter back, now it wont freely spin. It was a stock converter.

New Converter, or do you think I could have messed more stuff up?

Any Help is appreciated.

I was putting mine in not on a lift,, but on my back & on the ground with a jack as was easing everything up & also heard a pop.
I had to take the tranny back loose pull the converter back out to look to make sure I didn't break the ears on the pump, I didn't and put it back slowly again but this time with no binding & mine turned out ok.

When he say pump Turbotre is talking about the front pump on the Transmission that the torque converter snout rides on to turn the transmission internals. I've broken two of those also over the years, you have to drop the transmission take the front pump out & buy you a front pump kit to replace the tangs. Not too bad & not expensive at all.

I was putting mine in not on a lift,, but on my back & on the ground with a jack

I would do that when your age