torque arm

I just got my car back from having the trans rebuilt with a shift kit. Now it hits so hard that I can feel a bang from right under my armrest. I checked the rubber mount that holds the torque arm at the cross member and it seems loose. Can I upgrade to a poly bushing? Or do I need a better setup?

Thanks Gary

Did you check out the transmission mount at the rear of the tailshaft? Sounds just like what happens when it goes.

You could always spend the coin to upgrade to the Spohn tubular torque arm setup. That's what I have on my car. Very nice piece with an integrated driveshaft loop. You can option for a rear loop as well. Also allows for pinion angle adjustment.

Attachments

• 200TA_big.jpg
    200TA_big.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 152
Edelbrock Torque Arms: EDL-5280 - summitracing.com

You may want to look at one of these if you're on a budget. I ran one of these and it seamed to work real good for me. I sixty footed in the low 1.5's to mid 1.4's with a relatively low dollar rear suspension. I got the above bar brand new off Ebay for like $100.

HTH: Jason

Budget wise.

Get another stocker used (from freee to dirt cheap) cut it and weld it into yours.

Wallah fancy arm for no price increase :-P

later
Jeremy

Torque arm insulator

.. The Energy Suspension polyurethane torque arm kit is a job to fit but works perfectly & while your at it think about doing the panard rod bushes in Energy stuff too (#3.7106) ... they're easier and all get a bit of similiar cross wear etc.

torqueArmMounts.jpg

37106.jpg

"This works for a 9 bolt? It says 10 bolt. Thanks"

Hmmm I wasn't aware of this. I purchased it to put on when bought my Moser 9" rear end. I actually had a problem trying to put this on the 9". The big torque arm adapter was to thick and bulky and I had to modify the t-arm to use it with my 9".

When I first found out it wouldn't just go right on my 9" properly I tried to see if it would fit the stock rear. It did go on the stocker no problem if I'm remembering correctly. It was that bulky 9" adapter that I was having problems with.

hth: Jason