Top speed achieved by your TTA

89mulletbird

NO FLAMING ABOUT SAFETY! I will assume you all did this with a professional driver on a closed course with all necessary safety apparatus.

I reached 165MPH with my TTA (GPS speed). The car felt well planted but the floorboards were howling pretty good with a high frequency vibration.

NO FLAMING ABOUT SAFETY! I will assume you all did this with a professional driver on a closed course with all necessary safety apparatus.

I reached 165MPH with my TTA (GPS speed). The car felt well planted but the floorboards were howling pretty good with a high frequency vibration.

Impressive!

Pegged the speedo with the t-tops out. I guess 150 mph or so... It will suck anything out of the cabin if it's not strapped down.

I am always afraid of getting caught going that fast. I did a third gear pull with GPS to measure mph and can get 120 mph from mine. Maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try a 4th gear pull.

I just kicked up to 120 mph the other day. Car felt fine and was still pulling, but that is as much as I trust the original tires.
KID

I hit about the 160mph range as well. I was running a guy in a porsche 996 on Hwy 58 coming back to Vegas from visiting family in Bakersfield. It was a fun race, I past the Porsche right at 140mph. Gosh I would love to know what was going thru that guys head when he saw me pass him..lol Yes it was a stupid move but I wont lie, It was a hell of a lotta fun. I doubt Ill ever do it again. But yea that car ran and felt great except it had a bit more rattles goin on at that speed that I never heard before. The car did feel good and tight, wasnt all over the road. I was impressed with how it felt at that speed.

I don't remember now but probably about 140 in mine.it was about 5-6 years ago now and neither ran for long :(

I buried the speedo while on our way to Memphis '01 or '02. Can't remember its been so long but it was rock solid. In fact, I was talking on the phone to my Dad and steering with one hand! Crazy I know but I was amazed at how well it drove at speed.

Took the car out just a bit ago running 27psi went 65mph to 140mph in 5.5ish seconds lol. But i know i have been faster before just dont know how fast.

We had 88ZNX's Turbo LC2 Iroc up to 146.67 mph..... in the 1/4...... :)

Not sure how fast it would go if you stayed in it.....

What, no video...? :p

Yep.... that was the pass.... It was a grudge type race lined up with Jason White.... he left way early.....because he thought they were doing a Pro Tree and they did a regular tree.... so he left on the 1st green.......and ran a quicker 9.10 or something like that.....

Boost averaged about 25 psi.

Car is no lightweight... Seems like it was 3340 or something without driver at the track scales....

I read that the top speed on the TTA was 162mph, stock. I believe it was a Car and Driver article I read it in. Also I read that the TTA was the 1st car that didn't modified, mechanically, to be a Pace Car.

I read that the top speed on the TTA was 162mph, stock. I believe it was a Car and Driver article I read it in. Also I read that the TTA was the 1st car that didn't modified, mechanically, to be a Pace Car.

That is what I remember too. The stock Un-modified cars to pace the race is way cool!