top end noise

bb's turbo t

took the valve covers off this morning and the passenger side rear rocker arm is loose and the push rod is also loose ( it can move up and down ). All the other rockers and push rods on both sides look ok. i'm still learning so any information and advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking after a forum search. do you guys think a rookie could handle a cam / lifter swap? If so do you guys know of any good write ups on a cam / lifter install?

I swapped mine as a rookie. If it's a flat cam then it's more than just a cam swap. Metal going through the engine will also compromise the turbo contaminate the cooler and lines and possibly ruin the cam bearings and crank bearings and crank. You'll know how bad it is after you pull the cam. If the cam bearings are shot, then assume the cranks may also have issues.

D

could also be a cracked or bent rocker arm shaft or bent pushrod
id check that shaft first before i started tearing the motor down

thanks for the advice. Just wanted to add, that this started under normal driving conditions. It really sucks to break things when your not racing. Gonna tear into it this weekend and see what i can find.