Took the factory valve covers off and found this

michael evans

I took the factory valve cover off and found a sticker on it that has a sticker on it the read # E555NLAD432537 and a bar code that is not readable. What does it mean ?

I know it is not the car's vin.

bar%20code%20on%20valve%20cover_zpsvrstvwfl.jpg

Last edited:
In modern day assembly plants they have to scan parts as they go on the car before it will move on to the next station, keeps them from forgetting to install a part. Not saying that's what this is but its a guess.

Correct. It's an inventory tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the factory valve cover off and found a sticker on it that has a sticker on it the read # E555NLAD432537 and a bar code that is not readable. What does it mean ?

I know it is not the car's vin.

bar%20code%20on%20valve%20cover_zpsvrstvwfl.jpg
I just restored a set of valve covers that had a tag on it in better shape. Keep it on there as long as you can. It's one of those cool things that come from the factory that can never be properly duplicated. I know someone who can make them look brand new without ruining the sticker if you PM me.

I just restored a set of valve covers that had a tag on it in better shape. Keep it on there as long as you can. It's one of those cool things that come from the factory that can never be properly duplicated. I know someone who can make them look brand new without ruining the sticker if you PM me.

I would but they went to North Carolina (sold them).