Took my GN for a test drive

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
Winter is coming, and I came home from college to remix my antifreeze to make sure my block wouldn't crack. From the second I walked in, I fell in love with my car all over again! I forgot how good it looked. I got inside and cranked her over. Started right up, like it missed me. So, I put in another 3/4 gallon of antifreeze and am letting it run while I do some chores around my brothers house (only garage space for now). I see that it has mixed pretty thoroughly and get in to turn it off. I had the cut out off from the last car show I attended, and inside the garage the exhaust sounded really mean. I look at the gas gauge, 1/2 tank. I figured it might be my last good opportunity before winter to take it for a drive, so I back it out of the garage and take it down the road. I had 1.2 knock at 18psi (which is good for no alky and 93 pump gas). I miss it all ready. As I left in my 96 sunfire 5 spd (good beater car), it didn't even compare, no matter how fast I shifted or what I did. Nothing compares to that floating feeling you get when the turbo spools up.

I have determined that I am moving to a warmer climate so I can drive it year-round! ;) I miss my baby!

Originally posted by Robes87GN

I have determined that I am moving to a warmer climate so I can drive it year-round! ;) I miss my baby!
Yup,thats what I keep telling my wife,I tell her we would need less cars since I can drive the Buick all the time,,little does she know that I want one for each day of the week..:D

please, please, please., do us a favor and don't move to california. hehehehehe..

Originally posted by Robes87GN

Trust me.. being overseas and coming home to visit my car is very much the same feeling. Sure, I also forget all the stupid things that need fixing and it frustrates me that I don't have the time, nor money to get done what I'd like, there's still nothing like that first drive.

I'm gonna be back again in December. It'll be cold, but should be a fun ride. No snow quite yet. Of course with my luck.. that's exactly what I'll get. :(

mines been setting for a few weeks, i decided to take it out for a quick spin around the block, not remembering i took the plates off of it. luck would have it i pulled over to opne the nitrous, just as a cop drives by and gives me the don't even think about it look.

after a trip back home to grab some plates, all i can say is i miss it. i've been driving a chevy truck with a 302 and 5 speed that used to be a pretty quick truck. it isn't.

thats what i hate the most about the t, driving it just makes driving everything else suck.

ah yes, the benifits of living in north FL, it has cooled off and will be excelent GN weather for the next 6 months (usually doesnt heat up again till may)

have fun with your parked buicks fellas....:cool:

heh, they're taking conjugal visits with their Buicks now. The wives will be jealous. :D Totally understand though, nothing like just being behind the wheel, letting your vehicle carry you where it will, and letting your emotions and thoughts drift likewise.

Everytime I go to the garage I see mine. :D

I kinda like the down time during the winter keeps the miles low..

If we could only have 4 months of winter instead of 6 :(