Took engine apart champion irons heads turned into stock heads

Hotshoe

My car has been hibernating in my garage for the last 8 years having only 10k miles on the last rebuild before the oil pressure went down to 5 lbs. So After a healthy tax refund I decided to rebuild it for the third time, but this time i'm doing it myself. After removing the intake I discovered the Champion iron heads that cost me $1700 from the first rebuild had magicly turned to bone stock. The heads were cc'd, polished,ported, oversized ss. valves , springs and yada yada. I had the same mechanic do the second rebuild and thought he seemed a very trustworthy compitant person. After the second rebuild I noticed the engine vibrated at mid rpm's and the oil pressure was droping. I went back several times he said as he had from the beginning that he gave a 10,000 mile guarantee. And that is was exactly how long it lasted and later on I heard many stories of all the engines that he rebuilt for other people that took there cars to the track only to have them towed home with a blown motor. a couple of mechanics in the bay down the way said they witnessed this guy using a pnumatic ratchet to install the main caps with, also used stock cranks in all his GN rebuids.Now I have to spend big mony on another set of ported and polished iron heads which I thought I had coverd. Can't trust anyone anymore I guess that why I'm doing it myself this time. Damit.BTW the block I'm using to build is out of a junkyard GN with the original crank.

stuff like that just plain makes me mad... stupid people.... why do some people find it so hard to do things legitimately and fairly anymore?

You saying the Champion heads were gone ??
If so I would be knockin on his door :mad:

FWIW & IMHO:
Well, I wouldn't be knocking on this guy's door, but I sure as h*ll would be hiring "Dan the Man" to do the hit, though.

After ripping off a lot of buick guys the word got out and nobody reomends this guy for changing a spark plug in a lawn mower. The guy started out doing good work but probably thought it wasen't creating enough cashflow so he started to make it the old fahioned way he stole it. One of the guys he ripped was a cop now that takes BALLS!!! I don't know what my legal recourse is it's been 8 years and it would be my word against his although I could find the reciept they were done when champion first started to o ring there heads about 11years ago (man! time sure flies).

i would atleast find him and let that POS know that you are aware that he took them from you.

Joshua

how did you not know that he didnt put the champions back on??? they have the champion logo on them...all it takes iss about 2 minutes with a flashlight to check it out.....:confused:

sry to hear about that..

They're Iron heads these were done before they started making the aluminum heads.

Anyone have a good deal for ported and polished set of irons?
:rolleyes:

The guy probably has work coming out of his ears. The sea is full of fish and these unscrupulous people have no trouble going on and on taking advantage of people.