Tony Gomes / Paul Thompson Vid

Awesome run for Tony.
Man that car is Flyin. should be the car to beat this year.
Not by me though
Otto

Paul your car was haulin ass, but damn Tony's car is a freaking animal!!! Somebody should tell him that technically he needs a 'chute (going over 150mph), but I'm sure he wants it to look like a sleeper and I know he still has the AC as well...... Pretty badass:D

Tony Gomes can drive!!!!!!!! That boy sure can push that lever and da pedal to da metal ... TG ran a 8:66 and backed it up with a 8:68 @161mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dam dat is one heck MPH>>>
JoeH Here telling it the way it went down or should I say up.... That boy is going to have to get his pilots license soon...

Originally posted by JoeHorvith
Tony Gomes can drive!!!!!!!! That boy sure can push that lever and da pedal to da metal ... TG ran a 8:66 and backed it up with a 8:68 @161mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dam dat is one heck MPH>>>
JoeH Here telling it the way it went down or should I say up.... That boy is going to have to get his pilots license soon...

Joe, do you know how heavy Tony's GN is? Also, is he using Stage II heads? That is one bad mother!!!

Originally posted by 86brick
I just saw on www.turbopeople.com that Tony's car is 3600lbs and he is using a DFI Gen7........

They also have this awesome pic on that website of Tony's GN launching.......

http://www.turbopeople.com/tony_pic_1.htm
Yes, Tony is using Stage II heads. Serious porting done on them. Cool picture considering I took it at Bristol! :)

Tony's car is totally awesome. The crazy stuff is that the car still has more in it.

I got to meet Tony and his wife, Sharon, at Nats this year. Extremely nice folks, hung out with them all week. His car is awesome and he didn't mine questions, but he didn't run too good at Nats. Last time I talked to Dave Fiscus, Tony is putting a chute on the car. Looks like a 3 car field next year, Tony, Dave and Cal.:cool: :D ;)

Originally posted by 6APPEAL
I got to meet Tony and his wife, Sharon, at Nats this year. Extremely nice folks, hung out with them all week. His car is awesome and he didn't mine questions, but he didn't run too good at Nats. Last time I talked to Dave Fiscus, Tony is putting a chute on the car. Looks like a 3 car field next year, Tony, Dave and Cal.:cool: :D ;)
Yes, Tony and Sharon are 2 of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Always have smiles on their face and a kind word to say. Besides, anyone who's willing to feed me from his or her grill is OK in my book! :)

Art you are soo right... Cal,Dave and Tony are the cream of crop and all have worked for many years to get there cars going that fasst.... What gets me about Tony's car is that the only fiberglass is the front and back bumper!!! The car has an astro roof that works,air conditioning also works and the car is by far the cleanest GN RACING IN THE COUNTRY!!!! And yes tony does have stage 2 heads, but you have to give credit where credit is due if not for RPE in Hartford Ct, Tony's engine builder and Job Spetter of Turbro People out of NY they have given Tony the right help in going as fasst has he has gone... And I know there is at least 2 more tenths in that car.... And yes Sharan, Tony's wife is a driving force behind him.... That girl is always going out of her way for any person from making coffee and breafast to looking for parts..
Joe H......Noslo6

Originally posted by JoeHorvith
Art you are soo right... Cal,Dave and Tony are the cream of crop and all have worked for many years to get there cars going that fasst.... What gets me about Tony's car is that the only fiberglass is the front and back bumper!!! The car has an astro roof that works,air conditioning also works and the car is by far the cleanest GN RACING IN THE COUNTRY!!!! And yes tony does have stage 2 heads, but you have to give credit where credit is due if not for RPE in Hartford Ct, Tony's engine builder and Job Spetter of Turbro People out of NY they have given Tony the right help in going as fasst has he has gone... And I know there is at least 2 more tenths in that car.... And yes Sharan, Tony's wife is a driving force behind him.... That girl is always going out of her way for any person from making coffee and breafast to looking for parts..
Joe H......Noslo6
Couldn't have said it better myself. As for Bobby at RPE, it's mainly the success with Tony's, yours and Eric Rankin's car that made my decision to have Bobby do my motor and I'm 110% happy with the decision.

Are you going to Cecil this weekend by any chance? Richie and I are driving down for the Saturday racing. It should really by nice if the weather holds!

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Yes, Tony is using Stage II heads. Serious porting done on them. Cool picture considering I took it at Bristol! :)

Tony's car is totally awesome. The crazy stuff is that the car still has more in it.

That is a very cool pic you took Art!!! I thought he had Stage II heads considering how fast he is going with such a heavy car........

That is a very cool pic you took Art!!! I thought he had Stage II heads considering how fast he is going with such a heavy car........
Yup. They came from the same lot of heads as mine when Eric Rankin got a whole bunch of them.

Yup. They came from the same lot of heads as mine when Eric Rankin got a whole bunch of them.

Well we know those suckers work cause all of you guys are hauling ass!!! Maybe I could get a set of those heads for my stock block........ Might take a little work to get them on a stock block... LOL!;)

Well we know those suckers work cause all of you guys are hauling ass!!! Maybe I could get a set of those heads for my stock block........ Might take a little work to get them on a stock block... LOL!;)
Actually I think they'll bolt up using 8 of the 14 head bolts. Naturally you'd need new headers and a different intake but for a price I think you can make them work. Heck, Cal's using Champion heads so they haul a$$ too. I'm not sure what Dave's using.

Actually I think they'll bolt up using 8 of the 14 head bolts. Naturally you'd need new headers and a different intake but for a price I think you can make them work. Heck, Cal's using Champion heads so they haul a$$ too. I'm not sure what Dave's using.

Yeah it's probably possible but it would be a waste of money to do all that just to use those heads on a stock block though...... Cal is definitely hauling ass with the Champion aluminums, but I wonder how his car would run with a nice set of ported Stage II heads?! I'm pretty sure I heard that Dave has Stage II heads, but I could be wrong......

Yeah it's probably possible but it would be a waste of money to do all that just to use those heads on a stock block though...... Cal is definitely hauling ass with the Champion aluminums, but I wonder how his car would run with a nice set of ported Stage II heads?! I'm pretty sure I heard that Dave has Stage II heads, but I could be wrong......
Actually you are correct, Dave's running Stage II heads. I now remember talking to him down in Bristol comparing his headers to mine.

Actually you are correct, Dave's running Stage II heads. I now remember talking to him down in Bristol comparing his headers to mine.

:cool:

Son-of-a !!! nice pass for both cars.

I don't know Tony but I remember hearing his name from Brian Burnside who had a car out here on the left coast running similar times to Tony.

What the heck must it feel like to carry the wheels that far????!!!!!

Thanks everyone It felt good to finally lay down a pass we knew the car had a lot more in it.I been fighting some boost issues we finally got it over 30 and the car responded as we thought it would I would like to thank job & jobee spetter from turbo people for all the help they have givin me from late night calls to recomendations on what to use and how to make it work to tuneing the car over the phone just before the final round to get me that win when you look up the word class in the dictionary there is a picture of these two guys. I would like to thank Bobby from RPE folks he builds one HELL of a motor and is a good friend he has been building buick motors since 1988 and has some fast customers big joe H, Eric Rankin, and Jack Cotton and hundreds of other motors they dont come any more honest than him. I would like to thank mark markow from markow race cars my suspension guy my car weighs 3540 and has gone 1.298 60 ft that boy knows his stuff. Second to last I have to thank my good friend Todd Mitchell for all the late night thrashings we do to get the car ready for the next day (too many times). Last but not least I have to thank my wife Sharan what can I say she is the best putting up with all expenses and the upgrades on the car (I promise sweety this is the last turbo I am buying for the car) she has heard that many a times. Always there with me waiting with a beautiful smile when I pull back to the trailer from a pass she is awsome!Well I think I have said enough folks trust me when I tell ya the car has alot more in it I need the green light from job in the next month it should be interesting.

Tony Gomes
turbo street outlaw