Tom Shea's TTGN

TomShea

Minnesota Grand National & T-Type Association
For Sale
Tom Shea’s Twin Turbo GN

1987 GN, just under 50K showing on digital dash. Originally from K.C. T-Tops. Roll Bar, not caged.
Car can be seen on the MGNTA.com website. There is a “member’s rides” box, in a site directory, on the left hand side of the home page. Click on that, then on the page that comes up, click on Tom. There you will see this car and my other one as well. The car has full exhaust, dual 3 inch, exiting in stock location.
There is also a video of the car at a local strip from last fall. I hurt the motor on that pass. Lean condition due to a ECU problem. (Reconditioned FAST seq. included if wanted). The converter was also, way, too loose. New, tighter one in box included with car if sold with trans.
The motor from this car is out and has been freshened for use elsewhere. The motor, which can be included with this car, was built by, Dan Strezo. It has a 232 @ .050 cam and 9.5 to 1 compression. It’s a little too much for the street. That motor is for now, fully operational, in my other toy car, the “Limited”.
The Twin Turbo GN, can be had in just about any configuration. I can take parts off, or, assemble it to any spec, or sell it as is. The car weighs around 3200 and has steel hood and rear bumper. There is fiberglass hood and rear bumper included with sale.
The fuel system consists of 2, SX pumps and should be good for the 800 to 1200 hp potential of the twin turbos.
The turbos, (new), are from John Craig, Limit Engineering. They are 60 compressors and smaller turbine housings for spool. I have larger housings that will be included.
The 400 transmission has the required shield as well as a flywheel shield. The stage 2 engine has SFI, flex-plate and damper if included with sale. The shifter is the NHRA required lockout style, also new.
The rear is a stock GN, fresh with 3.42 gears, HD axles and C-Clip elim. There is a set of, Pro 3.73 gears included, if car purchased with this rear end.
There are 4 Weld Aluma-Stars with new tires. Front-runners are, the heavier duty multi-ply, DOT, Micky, 26 x 7.50 x 15. Rears are, M&H, drag radials, 325 / 50 x 15. Tires are brand new with receipts. Wheels have been recently reconditioned, ( new bolts ) and polished. There are a pair of M&H, DOTS, 355 / 40 x 15, (not new, used to the wear bars), (almost 12 in wide tread) on a pair of Steel, chrome, 10 in wide wheels. Similar appearing to the Aluma-Stars. There is also a set of 4 stock GN wheels with new tires, that can be included.
There are 4 T-Tops included, in the original bags. The original driver side T-Top has damage to the edge molding from trying to remove it for painting.
I have many parts that can be included or removed for this sale. I have a stage 1 block besides the 2, stage 2 engines. I have 2, 109 short-blocks with 30 and 40 k on them. I have the orig short-block from this car, and a few 2004R’s. I can include any of these in any combination, or sell the car as a roller.
I have an 87 WE4 car for parts that can be included. That car is running but in poor condition. It is rusted badly and should only be considered for parts. This parts car is complete and can be included with the sale of the Twin Turbo GN, if the buyer wishes to return the GN to stock.
The Twin Turbo GN does not have power steering, AC, inner fenders etc. It is more race oriented, but is licensed, insured and street driven here in Minnesota.
I am interested in selling the Twin Turbo car. That is my main objective here. I am not much of a race track guy, which is what this car is best suited for. I have too many toy cars right now, and would like to liberate some storage space. I might consider interesting trades, partial or full. Actual driver, cars, trucks, trailers, instead of toys might be of some interest, depending on my ability to utilize.
I am not interested in other deals that do not include the sale of the Twin Turbo GN, at this time.
I am a well known, and long standing member of the GN / TR community. Ask around, inquire as to my reputation. I’m not going anywhere. I value my reputation and stand behind my word.

Tom Shea. Lakeville MN. Home phone until 9 pm, 952-892-5669. Cell phone any time 612-209-9090.

What's it's best time/mph? Has it been on a dyno? Very nice looking car!

http://mgnta.com/Rides/Tom.jpg the direct link to the pictures for everyone else!

Also if you have a price you're looking for you may want to post that too. Sweet car, Im sure someone will pick it up!

More info TTGN

The car is not complete, and therefore can be optioned out as desired. The equipment included will dictate the price and the performance.
I am open to any reasonable offers, and am capable of delivering the car in any increment of complete. I would prefer to not have to put it together. This would be reflected in a substantial savings in the price, no matter what level of performance is desired.

Pictures TTGN

I clicked on link for the pictures. One small thumbnail sized pic comes up. There are many pictures of this car on the mgnta.com website. Just delete the last few characters after Tom, (.jpg), that should bring up all of the thumbnails.

I worked on this car years ago when it was Jamie Meyers car! This car is super clean and very trick! Later Bob.

Here are some pictures,

TT1.jpg

TT2.jpg

TT3.jpg

The blob on top of the trunk emblem is just an "Intercooled" emblem.

TT4.jpg

TT6.jpg

TT11.jpg