Today's Junkyard Find...

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
Well, i found the only 86 regal limited at the local pick your part so i took the fender and header panel. I went to the rear and put my magnet on the bumper support and presto NO STICK! So i yanked that bad boy off with the quickness. Stole the rubber bumperettes and rub molding too. Funny, the front bumper support was steel :confused:

I took as many plastic door retainers as i could find off the door panels and threw them in my tool box.

It had nice burgandy rear seat which i used as a knee pad to disassemble all the parts i wanted.

Just wanted to share my findings...

Nice finds , these cars and any G-body for that matter are getting tough to find in the boneyards anymore. Especially to find them still sporting any good usable or hard to find parts.

congrats, in 2 years of steady yard hopping; i've yet to find any good aluminum parts.

finally broke down and bought my supports used.:mad:

Nice find. Every g body I find is usually stripped out when I get to it. Although I did score a few weeks back. Found several sets of taillights in various conditions but still servicable...

JY is the best place to find all of the little things that nobody carries anymore like the little metal clips that hold the bezels on that all seem to fall into the dash and the pastic clips for the headliners and doors, etc...

I love the j/y. My local ones suck. The ones I used to visit in CA were the best! Rust free everything!:cool:

Like a box of chocolate

You never know what you're gonna get. I picked up a 1987 G body chasis manual on one of my many trips not to mention the freebees.
I thought it was funny as hell that on one of the first pick-n-pull yards I went to had a board full of pictures of about fifty people. On top of it. It had. "THESE PEOPLE ARE THIEVES" I didn't recognize anybody on it and hoped to hell I would'nt make the honor roll. It came down shortly there after. I imagine that someone didn't appreciate their integrity being questioned by a portable hand held metal detector.:D