Today I am lucky and thankful to be alive.

GNgift

Luckiest Guy Ever
Today I am lucky and thankful to be alive.:eek:

A WSP Trooper and myself were almost taken out by an out of control vehicle that plowed the jersey barrier 8ft in front of my Tow Truck on the HWY 2 Tressle. If we had been 10ft farther East we both would have been killed as we were standing on the side of my truck talking.:frown:

The vehicle was an all wheel drive audi who had lost control on a corner at about 70 to 80mph. It shot across 3 lanes spinning then the shoulder and the barrier. It hit the barrier at approx 40mph. destroyed the rear of the vehile. The driver started it up and started to take off. Then he thought better as the rear wheels were pinned by the body and wouldn't roll. The driver was stashing something when the Trooper walked up. His passenger was the owner of the car and had been drinking so he let his friend drive.

It was later found the driver had a gun he was hiding and he was a felon. I don't know their story but boy I know In my 25yrs on the road towing cars this is the second most scary thing I have ever been involved in.... I thank god for keeping me safe so my family and friends will be able to spend a little more time with me.... :) I Love you all with all of my heart.:biggrin:

Thank You, We just looked at each other as it hit and I said, Go kick his A z z.

Glad to be here to talk about it.

I am glad you and the trooper are safe. I understand how scary that had to have been. I am a Deputy Sheriff here in Indiana and interstate 69 runs through our county. Drivers here are so bad it takes three people to get a stranded vehicle towed from the interstate. We have a law that requires drivers to slow down and switch lanes when they see an emergency vehicle but seldom do. Drivers need to pay more attention to driving and have enough common sense to slow down and get out of the way for us (you and I). We have families to go home to every night and I wish people would think about that. Stay safe!!

We have the same law, And I do believe he was slowing down, from 80 or so... When he saw the troopers lights he just locked em up and froze... Round and around ya go.....

99.95% of my friends are cops. This Trooper is one of them... I don't want to lose one of those either.....

Thanks for what you do. I appreciate you.

99.95% of my friends are cops.
So that means im only .05%:D
Glad to hear your ok and keep your eyes on the cars comming towards your direction from now on when your standing near the hwy:cool: Its easy to let your gard down after all the years you have been towing:rolleyes:

Ha

So that means im only .05%:D
Glad to hear your ok and keep your eyes on the cars comming towards your direction from now on when your standing near the hwy:cool: Its easy to let your gard down after all the years you have been towing:rolleyes:

I have alot of friends..... hehehehe. And always watching. Its one of those things when your mind is telling your body to do something but you are afraid it may be the wrong move. Its like being in a race and being collected in someone elses wreck.... Dont do anything till you can see the final path of the car who has just become a projectile.. :)

I take nothing for granted on the road.. Thanks Buddy....

A WSP Trooper and myself were almost taken out by an out of control vehicle that plowed the jersey barrier 8ft in front of my Tow Truck on the HWY 2 Tressle. If we had been 10ft farther East we both would have been killed as we were standing on the side of my truck talking.:frown:

The vehicle was an all wheel drive audi who had lost control on a corner at about 70 to 80mph. It shot across 3 lanes spinning then the shoulder and the barrier. It hit the barrier at approx 40mph. destroyed the rear of the vehile. The driver started it up and started to take off. Then he thought better as the rear wheels were pinned by the body and wouldn't roll. The driver was stashing something when the Trooper walked up. His passenger was the owner of the car and had been drinking so he let his friend drive.

It was later found the driver had a gun he was hiding and he was a felon. I don't know their story but boy I know In my 25yrs on the road towing cars this is the second most scary thing I have ever been involved in.... I thank god for keeping me safe so my family and friends will be able to spend a little more time with me.... :) I Love you all with all of my heart.:biggrin:

I had a few close calls when I used to tow. One of my buddies didnt get so lucky. He was driving a 88 f350 with an early Jerr Dan bed .That truck sucked because the light bar was on the roof of the truck. So when the bed was up the lights were blocked. He got hit by a drunk driver who also died in the wreck. The customer was in the truck when his car came over the top of the truck. he was ok. That happened in 1990. I was glad when Illinois came out with Scotts law. People still dont give a sh!t. My dad was loading a machine that fell off a low boy .The cops were all over the place and some lady in a Bmw took a binder right out of his hand with her mirror:eek: and then stopped and started yelling at him. The cops had fun with her. Thank god you and the trooper were not hurt

Dan, HAHAHAHAHA

Chopped, Thanks for sharing your story, I have witnessed some crazy stuff but nothing like this. I now know why this is a young guys sport. Time for some change.... Just not sure where to start today..

Yo

I saw ur post in fb ( if that is really ur story you are a lucky man ) if you member that then u will member me. Im still towing and im 27. Im getting old n fat lol.. Be safe and make sure u kiss the kids and wife b4 u leave everyday to tow.. Best of luck bro god bless

OLD? hahahahaha Dude you aint old, I had been towin almost 10yrs by the time I was 27. I started towin when you were 3..... I have always said I love you, hugged and kissed the family, Not because I may never see them again but because I Love them..

I have gotten over all of this at this point, So now its just back to the grind. As you can see I am out at 2am working... Another DUI off to the local jail and his vehicle staying with me for the night..