To switch to 80 # inj or stay with 60 # INJ ?

stevek

I WAS WONDERING IF SWITCHING TO 80# INJ WOULD HAVE ANY INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE ON MY CAR, I HAVE 60 # INJ NOW AND CAR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING PRETTY GOOD. ACCORDING TO MY POWER LOGGER THE INJ ARE AT 72% , A/F OF 10.9 AND O2 IS .788. I'M RUNNING 30# BOOST AND FUEL PRESSURE SET AT 45# WITH HOSE OFF AT IDLE AND FUEL PRESSUER IS AROUND 70 ACCORDING TO HOOD GUAGE, ANY THOUGHTS THANKS.

I run 72s with a dual nozzle, Im at about 65% . Times in my sig. Im looking to go to 96s very soon. If you are interested in my 72s let me know, they were flowed at Richard Clarks.

Bryan

I WAS WONDERING IF SWITCHING TO 80# INJ WOULD HAVE ANY INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE ON MY CAR, I HAVE 60 # INJ NOW AND CAR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING PRETTY GOOD.
Nope,the 60s with a good pump and volts with alky can support alot of power

Hey thanks Phoneguy your build looks very impressive and your times are great also , a hell of a lot more than mine, I was looking to get over 100 in 1/8 but maybe with better 60 ft and little more timing i'll get there. But thanks ,I have to get new upper control arms to replace stock ones so my money will probably go there instead thanks again. Also thanks Mr. Spool for your input i appreciate it.

60's can go pretty far. I took a set of 48# injectors over 100 mph in the 1/8th on race gas back in the day.

Time in my sig is with 60's and race gas. IDC was up there. Went to 80's to go faster with race gas later this year. Grumpy cracked the 9's with 60's and alky.

Hey Turbotnzo6 and Scooby Doo do you know what timing you were running in your cars at that time, i'm running 26/22 now, i did run it higher before in high gear before new heads without any knock with ally kit. The voltage is about 14 volts at pump with car running.

I ran 110 race gas for the time in my sig. Timing was 4 to 6 degrees higher than Erics default setting for low gear...and his default for high gear timing.

60's can do it for sure but id put 84's or 80's for confidence and a dual pump wont hurt

60's can do it for sure but id put 84's or 80's for confidence and a dual pump wont hurt
Why.. So you can return more fuel to the tank ???

60's are plenty for what he is doing .. No need to update with your current setup