To damn cold (AZ guys)

JoeNational

Uh oh.. Look who got ALKY
Helly guys, as you see in my profile i live in Brooklyn N.Y. and since i am young (21) i am looking into the future i was thinking of a few places to move to later on and i was considering Florida, AZ and a couple of other places, here is a little backround i am a computer technician for the city of NY and i know my career is very popular so i could basically find a job anywhere, i also cannot stand the damn cold anymore i want to enjoy the warm wheater, i am considering AZ a lot more because i really dont know of many problems in this state ( hurricanes, earth quakes etc..) well what would you guys do , and have any of you guys lived somewhere else and moved here and what did you think, is living expensive how are houses, and jobs. thanks in advance. any information would be appreciated.

There's a neat website called (findmyspot.com ) fill out the questionnaire & it suggests places suitable for your needs. My suggestions would be to check out the Carolinas, Tennesse, Texas, Dallas /Fortworth, I've been doing a lot of traveling in the past few years & these are the areas that caught my interest. Don't even think of CA. It;s gotten too crowded & expensive & if you can't speak spanish your not welcome. LOL! So good luck & happy hunting.

Lou, you're a bitter, bitter man.

You need to cash out on that Orange County place and come down here to San Diego, which is still a red county. :D :D :D

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Lou, you're a bitter, bitter man.

You need to cash out on that Orange County place and come down here to San Diego, which is still a red county. :D :D :D
[/QUOTE- I'm not bitter! I'm just trying to give the guy some good advice. Your a good example of why I'm not encourageing him to choose Calif. & why I avoid San Diego. So go back & tend to your recreational sheep! you mutton molestor! LOL

Thanks guys for the info lol, i would only like to visit Cali i want away from the big city type of stuff, AZ seems really laid back place with great wheater and i know there are some big companies out there just need to find them. i dont know i am so tossed up cause i constantly change my mind. and it would be hard for me to go out there my sch. is very tight. i also want to be able to drive the national year round i hate having in the garage stored for the winter :mad:

Originally posted by JoeNational
Thanks guys for the info lol, i would only like to visit Cali i want away from the big city type of stuff, AZ seems really laid back place with great wheater and i know there are some big companies out there just need to find them. i dont know i am so tossed up cause i constantly change my mind. and it would be hard for me to go out there my sch. is very tight. i also want to be able to drive the national year round i hate having in the garage stored for the winter :mad:
It is a difficult decision & change isn't easy. I left Buffalo in 1967 for the same reasons & it was tough at first. But my talent & good looks pulled me through. Again I can definintely recommend avioding San Francisco & San Diego!Unless your into leather & lace. So beware
of any personel e-mails comeing from ( Mac in SD ) LOL

Well, well, well... Lou just HAD to mention the sheep. When he himself ADMITS to only quitting Buffalo in 1967! Kinda makes you wonder what he moved on to AFTER his bison habit, doesn't it?

Good thing Lou's such a striking man, or he'd never get away being so bitchy. :D :D :D

But back to the original question, Joe. AZ is a good state. My in-laws moved to a growing area about 20 miles south of Tucson from Long Island, and they really like it. Keep in mind, though, that it gets REALLY hot there in the summer. 110-115 is pretty common in Phoenix. And "dry" heat or not, 115 is hot!

Does anybody know the Sierrra Vista area, if it is nice and how far from tucson or pheonix. thanks.

Sierra Vista is about 30 min south of Tuscon and is a small town pretty much based around the base. Nice place , good weather, my sister lives there.

Oh ok yeah i was looking on the map and it is near Fort Hachuca or something like that, it seems really far south. 30 min aint to bad.

I live in Sierra Vista...it's about an hour south of Tucson. It's a smaller community (~75K), but has a large amount of well paying technical jobs because of the fort. Great weather year around and is higher than Tucson or Phoenix so it does not get nearly as hot in the summer. But, you have to like a smaller town to enjoy it. We do have a lot of the chain resturaunts now (applebees, chlis, outback, etc) Walmarts, Kmarts, etc, but not a lot of specialty stores. Hope this helps, good luck.