To Balance or not to Balance???

MajorBoost

My motor is almost ready to come out of the shop but the shop dosen't balance V6's so I need to take it to another place:mad: . My question, is it worth the cost to have it balanced:confused: And if I don't have it done, what are some of the problems that might result?

huh? whats the issue ? all you should need is a bob weight and spin away ......or am i missing somthing? internal vs external ect

id want it done for sure

My motor is almost ready to come out of the shop but the shop dosen't balance V6's so I need to take it to another place:mad: . My question, is it worth the cost to have it balanced:confused: And if I don't have it done, what are some of the problems that might result?

You'll need to list some details of your build. if it is a high performance build using aftermarket pistons than yeah, definately balance,

The most common thing you'll find when you don't balance it premature bearing wear, and likely a noticeable Vibration.

there are also options for balancing, like the %

it's common in a street application to balance at 36.6 %

and a race engine is 50% or so I've read

Where are you located? The guy who balanced mine bought all of Jim Ruggles old balancing equipment. He is in SC. I would balance it unless you are going back completely stock with all of it's original stock parts.

Yea, the shop is too cheap to buy the correct bob weights that's why he doesn't balance V6. The bob weights are thinner than your normal rod crank journal bob weights.

The motor is no were near ready to come out of the shop. The rotating assembly gets balnced before assembling anything.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The motor is no were near ready to come out of the shop. The rotating assembly gets balnced before assembling anything.

Yeah all the machine work is done block, heads, its ready to be balanced and assembled so i guess I will have to wait a little longer got the ITCH you know;)
but hopefully it will all be worth it!:D