TM IC question

BuickTV6

kicking butt Intercooled
Hey for anyone who has done the TM/IC conversion, did you have you have to change your throttle and cruise control cable to the 86/7 style? Is it needed for this conversion? Any insite would be appreiated. Regards.

Mine came with the throttle cable. I don't have cruise on the car so the other cable didnt matter for me.

Why is it that an 86/7 throttle and cruise cableare needed? Can you not use the 84/85? And is the throttle cable used in the TM kit just a stock 86/7? Regards....

The 86/87 throttle and cruise cables are needed for the TM IC kit because the TB is moved and the 84/85 cables are too short to reach the TB. The TB on the TM kit is near the same location as a stock 86/87. HTH

Hey 6 to go, when does your turbo run out of steam with the TM Kit? Cause I heard they will loose breath at about 4500 rpm? And are you running 87 ecm?

I have not maxed the thing out yet. I am still debugging and tuning so I don't know the answer to the question actually.
I have not run up against it yet, I'll put it like that. I have an
86 turbo to replace it if I want. Jay at TM tells me he designed the kit for at least an 87 turbo or bigger, like a TA49.
Yes, I am running a 86 ECM. Right now I don't have a good
oil fill tube seal and the check valve that Jay supplied in the kit is not hooked up right, so it is blowing oil alll over the headers and
under the hood. A real mess, so once I get past this, I'll do some more test and tune. But the power is definitely there!
Power brake and it breaks loose on dry pavement with 236/60 tires at about 2.5 # boost!

hey NoCooler, what kinda boost u running with your stock turbo and the TM kit?

where to fine....

Where can I find some info on the TM/IC conversion? any website with pictures?

Tubo Motion shut down their web site, I think. there were some pictures posted awhile back, if you can do a search maybe you can find them. I don't have pictures of mine yet, or I would email them to you. Sorry.

Nocooler, what plug gap are you running? I gapped mine at .035

hey NoCooler, what kinda boost u running with your stock turbo and the TM kit?

20-22 psi on pump gas and 22* of timing.....unfortunatly I found out why I could run amazing amounts of boost. I discovered I only had 90psi of compression in every hole. Expect to run about 17-18 psi on pump gas.

I don't have any pictures yet. Maybe I can get some next week and and email if you are interested. I don't have the foggiest idea how to put them in here, if I had any. sorry.

hey 6 to go, i'd appreiate it if you can send me any pics or info on your install. let me know if you get any pics, and I will send you my e-mail address.

hey 6 to go, i'd appreiate it if you can send me any pics or info on your install. let me know if you get any pics, and I will send you my e-mail address.