Tires grip

bad2bone

badtobonebuick.com
Having issue with Tires holding on ( 255-60-15) Tires Have quality tread - Looking for input! - No I do not have Posi system - looking to install soon.

At the track put them at 12 lbs of air pressure. That one legger isn't helping any.

Nitto 555R, they will hook. 275-50-15 will get your speedo much closer to accurate than what you have now.

Can't tell if this is another troll post or not.... You answered your own question.

Put a posi in it and double the amount of tread you have pulling.

Back in the day when the army issued flintlocks, I had a pair of M&H street slicks (H-70-14 iirc) on the GTO that got thrown on once in a while. Would still spin but you sure could tell the difference. Normally had the N-50-15 Pro-Tracs and it'd light em up easy if you weren't careful. Once had a pair of L-60-14 Monaco Ram Rod tires on it, totally useless. Can't believe I left the white lettering out now with that goofy name.

Best advice from my research is Nitto 275/60r15s with 10 to 15 psi put in them ambient/ cold temp. The temps outside at the track will help dictate running it higher or lower. Remember that you want the sidewalls to flex ever so slightly to help the ground footprint to hook. If you slip, reduce 2 PSI each run until it hooks. I would not go uder 8 or 9 psi or you will pay for it dearly at the big end. When you do your burnout the PSI will change slightly so be consistent with the burnouts. Check tire pressure after you return from picking up time slip and try to make the return back to pits/tent consistent as pressures will change as tires cool down. That is probably a little too deep for what most of us do, but the pros take every little detail into account. That's why they get paid to do it and we pay to do it. Your 60ft times will tell you what the tire pressure changes have accomplished. BTW, if you are at the GS Nationals this year, you can run against me for fun. I have a Stock 109 and have never run this car. I am also running a "one Legger" and proud of it. I will build this car slowly and keep everything that can remain stock intact while building the diff/trans and engine. Just having fun with my original hobby car... Plus, when I am cruising thru town taking the lady out to eat, I am watching the ricer's lady's mouth the words please save me as they get pulled over for being douche bags. ;) I am no expert, but I research and listen to experts.