Tire/wheel combo

TR6

Can anyone help with tire/wheel fitment on these cars? I just bought a daily driver, and want to make it look as little like a TR as possible, so that it stays in my garage. I want to get new wheels/tires for it, so the T wheels are not recognized. 2 questions- I have access to a set of 99 camaro Z28 chrome 16" wheels. will these fit? If not, what is the widest tire you can really fit on these?

I am not sure the backspacing, bolt pattern, etc on the Z wheel, so I dont know if it will even bolt on. I have seen the IROC wheels on these cars, and they look sharp. anyone with any experience in this regard?

Attachments

• Z wheel.jpg
    Z wheel.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 587
4th gen wheels wont fit. They are the correct bolt pattern but the offset is to positive. The 16/17X8 have something like a 6+" BS. 3rd gen IROC wheels will work. Just like the GTA wheel you will need to use the fronts only. You'll have to do a search on what rubber will fit. I think most guys running the GTA's prefer 245's on the front and 265's on the back.

Thanks for the scoop. Bummer, I could probably get those wheels for a deal. Anyone interested in them?

Anyone know the specs that I need when looking for wheels then?

you can always use a set of spacer/adapters from a company on ebay, basically it's a hub that bolts to the existing lugs with studs already in it, i am going to use a set for the front of mine, i will be using 1999 firebird wheels on my 81....

you will need a 1 1/4 to make those wheels fit, front and rear. also buy a 1/4 wheel spacer just in case you need some extra clearance, just dont try to race on the adapters, youll snap them right off the axle.

if you decide to use IROC wheels...i have 18" chrome irocs and they look NICE! 245/40 up front and 275/40 in the rear Nitto 555's.

The 275's fit nicely without any rubbing at all!

if you decide to use IROC wheels...i have 18" chrome irocs and they look NICE! 245/40 up front and 275/40 in the rear Nitto 555's.

The 275's fit nicely without any rubbing at all!

Which back space ?? 4.5 ??

I'm not sure actually. I can check when I get a chance to take a rim off. Currently on ramps playing with these damn leaking headers. :mad:

I'm not sure actually. I can check when I get a chance to take a rim off. Currently on ramps playing with these damn leaking headers. :mad:

LOL @ leaking headers... I know what you mean.

I hate to be a PIA but what color is your car and do you have a pic that shows the IROC wheels:biggrin:

Not a PIA man...I will take a wheel off tonite or tomorrow nite and give you the BS. My GN is balck and with chrome irocs of course! :wink:

No pix right now, but will take some soon....might take one of it on the ramps to REALLY get a laugh out of you.

Later man...

Los