Anyone have any comments, reviews, or opinions on these tires:

Dunlop SP Sport 8000

Dunlop SP Sport 5000

Yokohama AVS ES100

Kumho Ecsta Supra 712

Falken Ziex ZE-512

Falken Ziex ZE-502

Bridgestone Potenza RE730

Also which of these tire will be the most bang for the buck, since I will be running 245/50/16's all around or, if the tires come in the size 255 in the rear. Thanks.

Brandon

I have the Sport 8000's on my open road race 2+2 (255/50's all around). Very good tire for the money. Good handling, very predictable plus ZR rating.

I have the Kuhmo's mounted on 16X8 Gta wheels and like them. They are a good street tire, but obviously aren't sticky. I've had them on for about a year and they seem to be wearing good although I don't put alot of miles on my GN. For the price they are a good tire.

Mike

I like the Kumho's. They have great tread life, and they are good when it comes to handling-type sticky. As far as Drag-type sticky, they aren't the best, but work ok. If you look around, you can find them for less than $75 a piece. Try www.speedandstlye.com free shipping on everything including tires! I just got a set of 17" tires for my wifes car for $69.00 each with free shipping. You can't beat that with a stick!;)

Well right now I am leaning towards the Kumho 712's. They rank right up there with all the other high-performance tires, but for a fraction of the price.

Also can anybody comment on the Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP's? Thanks.

Brandon

Well I have decided to go with the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's.

245/50/16 up front and 255/50/16 in the rear.

The two big factor were:

1. The price: for under $400 I can have all 4 shipped to my door in 2 days.

2. The size: the Kumhos are the widest tires out of the bunch 8.7" wide for the 245's and 9.3" wide for the 255's, second only to the Dunlops. All the rest of the tires were around an 1" smaller. Wider is better :D

Thanks to all who responded.

Brandon